Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Turning marginal decisions into an imagined conspiracy is just embarrassing. I didn't agree with the decision, but I can see why it was made.
TBF it was a goal, very very weak one to disallow but as we didn't go full 'Liverpool mental' (they would have) so easy to disallow - AND we were at home! No other top club gives oppos, media and refs such an easy ride. I know we are generally the better side over 38 games and thats what gets us through...this season, with a weaker squad we need everyone roaring, shouting from the roof tops etc..Pep alluded to this..media loved that comment!

we are quite meek as a club, pretty quiet today i know its 12.30 but a huge roar for the 'goal' would have meant a proper VAR check needed. A grumble as we look down at our feet...easy to 'move along, nothing to check here'...own worst enemy we are at times
Agreed, but why can't var advise the match official to take a look at the camera. They don't have to advise or put pressure on him, if he feels his original decision was correct, then fair enough. It makes you wonder how the pressure put on him in the media this week affected one or two strange decisions against City in the game.

Agree about the short corners, which we are very good at when we’re on it. In general our decisions at set pieces haven’t been good this season.

Alvarez looked like he was knackered today, even in the first half, and no doubt he was feeling the amount of travelling he did this week.

As others have said, I would have liked to see Lewis come on in the second half for Alvarez and have an extra body in midfield, but the lack of depth is hurting us at the moment, particularly when players like Phillips and Gomez are just making up the numbers.
stats say that having a corner and playing it in the box is actually a disadvantage. Hardly any goals scired from them by any club - and more likely to concede from counter attack..maybe they should bring in the hockey 'short corner thing from edge of the penalty box or something

If the **** of a ref didn't blow his whistle for the goal would var have overruled him?
No.
And that other goal should have stood as well. Alison had already threw himself into the net before he was "fouled".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.