Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Apart from the argument that making subs will have given us fresher legs I don’t think there was any need to make changes.
The only possible one which might have given us something different was maybe Rico for Alvarez but even that was a risk.
I’m cool on the no subs. It’s worked for us far more often than it’s cost us.
Hindsight is truly a gift.
I am not sure who he’d have brought off for someone better on the bench yesterday? Assuming John wasn’t quite ready to be risked

Last edited:
You mean influenced by Pep’s coaching. Because that’s exactly what he asks Grealish and the other players to do.

Either way, it matters not. All Doku must hear is that Guardiola likes to "trust" his players and if Grealish is the one who is that, why not emulate that?

That said, it can add or take away from his game, so let's see what shakes out in the second half of the season.

I agree with that definitely. But on receiving the ball deep yesterday he simply passed it back every time, whereas with Stones, Lewis or even Kovacic in there, he pops it around the corner more creatively. I’m not criticising Rodri, he is immense, I just don’t think the selection is helping him much.
This is exactly what I meant and I am also happy I was not the only one noticing it. :) The number of times he literally just pinged the pass back to the original passer or just redirected, it didn't look like his normal game. He was neither directing tempo or flow of the game. Even if that was forced on him by Pep, I didn't see any good coming from it. Apart from that pass over the top to Kyle he wasn't in the game all, he played more like younger Rodri from AM days.

Beaten up just because he cheered for a goal for another team?

Been to American Football games and dragged to Rugby games and opposing fans sit amongst each other and no trouble at all.

Was is it about football that makes them violent scumbags?
Proabably payback from older generations fans , me included who have suffered at the hands/fists/boots of opposing supporters , luckily our football stadia is a much more sanatised environment with little crowd trouble.
But if i was in the Kop next year and City scored i would be sat on my hands ,because if i cheered i would expect and deserve a good hiding from Dippers , maybe football in this country is more tribal than good old Yankee American football , with your Popcorn and hotdogs :)

I see things exactly as you do. It is all a bit laboured at present, but we need to hang in there and wait for players to come back. I do think we could help ourselves with team selection though. I would have Phil in the middle ahead of Alvarez, and if we are going to insist on a defender coming into midfield, in the absence of Stones, it has to be Lewis. Akanji isn’t suited to it, and it was why yesterday Rodri was so conservative when receiving the ball deep.

I'm not convinced you know what you're talking about with team selection...

Beaten up just because he cheered for a goal for another team?

Been to American Football games and dragged to Rugby games and opposing fans sit amongst each other and no trouble at all.

Was is it about football that makes them violent scumbags?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.