Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got home at 00.30.
Went to sleep and dreamt that I was back at the game with 6 minutes of the 5 extra time played when, a lpool player fouled one of ours, and alty twat pointed to the pen spot. For them!
I was screaming " it wasn't in the area you count " when I woke myself up.
Ahh, sometimes our own bed is so nice!

Vinny was making a genuine attempt to play the ball. All this talk of scissors and studs up means little when there is barely any contact, used less force than Lovren too
I agree Vinny was trying to get the ball and Lovren was trying to stop Sergio. They are separate incidents and have to be treated as such.

How can you say he used less force?

Indeed it was.

There was also a potentially untidy incedent between Van Dijk and Bernardo toward the end of the game that never got a replay or mention. In fact, the NBCSN commentators seemed to go completely silent after merely calling out that Bernardo had gone to ground after running by Van Dijk.

Looked to me like Van Dijk, presumably out of frustration from being harried/bullied by Bernie throughout the match, swung out his elbow as Bernie was finishing his press of the Dutch **** and running by to yet again press Lovren, who was then receiving the ball.

No mention of it in postmatch analysis, of course, and I am sure Taylor and the PL will say there is nothing to review.
I remember that incident now. Nothing was caught on camera as the ball moved on but Bernardo was in a heap. No replays no nothing.

Vinny was making a genuine attempt to play the ball. All this talk of scissors and studs up means little when there is barely any contact, used less force than Lovren too
Quite. No attempt for get the ball at all. Could have been a red. But like Kompany, it wasn't quite enough for a red. It was borderline wreckless though.

I agree Vinny was trying to get the ball and Lovren was trying to stop Sergio. They are separate incidents and have to be treated as such.

How can you say he used less force?

Just my opinion based on replays of both incidents. Lovren's hack reminded me of the one on De Bruyne last season at Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.