Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect nothing less from Liverpool fans who are the worst fans around for not being able to judge things rationally (that fan video blaming the length of grass on our pitch illustrating this perfectly). The surprise for me is to see City fans exaggerating the nature of the tackle. Watching the Sky coverage back, even they broadly agreed that a yellow was correct and that possibly a couple of refs out of ten would have given a red. That was a studio with three Liverpool fans working for a Liverpool loving media organisation. We beat them fair and square, certainly don’t feel like the ref favoured us at all on the night.

Yes we did beat them fair and square and I would say bossed the match. Also, Salah went down as if hit by a train, but I am simply in the belief Vinnie could have been sent off for that tackle. You can interpret the rules as you wish, but the ref could have given him a red is all I am saying

Oh really? Why do commentators, fans, journalists talk about being out of control/having two feet off the ground being a red card all the time then?

Because some interpret the laws to convince themselves what they want to believe. If they had committed the exact same tackle, the rule would mean something else I suspect

No one has come back and said they would say, get up Kun and dont be a soft arse if VVD had done exactly the same.

Anyway, I am done with this as it is just going round in circles

Yes we did beat them fair and square and I would say bossed the match. Also, Salah went down as if hit by a train, but I am simply in the belief Vinnie could have been sent off for that tackle. You can interpret the rules as you wish, but the ref could have given him a red is all I am saying
It could have been, I suppose. It would have been pretty harsh though. I don’t see the point in debating that we weren’t given what would have been a harsh red. If it was a nailed on red that we got away with then fair enough but it simply wasn’t one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.