Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this in posted reference to Stones’ “HADOUKEN!” reaction to seeing the replay of his goal line clearance and had to share...

Reactions: roj
We had a back line mixed up and hardly played together in those position. We even had to let our best CD play LB. Silva out of sortst this game and no KdB. And even with their strongest line-up Liverpool couldn't beat us. Yes we have a few lucky escapes, so did they. It was simply heartwarming the performance our players gave on the night. Not the beautiful football, we save that for another day, nut pure mentality and workrate that was needed. And with the help of the fans that created a fantastic atmosphere.
And to think how much better we can and will get when for once we have the players fit and ready, all of them. It's gonna be a tight race but I just feel we will be the ones winning it.

Dirty bastard, he'd better be fit for Wolves.
Wolves’ official response when asked if Kun is fit.

giphy.gif

• Immediate post game, the narrative was City just outplayed and worked harder and wanted it more
  • Post TV pundits review, the narrative was City experience outdid LFC but LFC were unlucky, Kompany could have been sent off
  • Post Klopp presser, the narrative changed - equal performance from both sides, some go in off the post, Some dont, City were lucky, Kompany lucky to not be sent off.
And there it is, the Anfield excuse machine in full operation churning out shit for the press/media to re-issue. But dont believe it guys, dont believe this bollocks....

As far as I could see, after defending our goal to the last inch we played harder and worked harder and held our nerve better overall. Their equaliser came out of the blue tbh, against the run of play at that time. We also had no KDB, no leftback, Silva was v poor, yet we still beat their first team.

It lets Liverpool fans make excuses to each other, but I don't think most who saw the game will buy that for a second. I know social media is representative only of itself, but any attempt to make out that Liverpool were somehow unlucky was given fairly short shrift by neutral fans.

Compared with Vinnys on the clown salad, this is worse imo. He takes his standing foot away as well as clattering into his thigh.
The only thing that I can see that saves him from a red is that Van Dick is 5 yards away.

95ccdc3bed9210c1cb3c53af4f6102e0.jpg
61d89035a2af52a53d4fbc029f064e7f.jpg

After the first 5 minutes I stopped worrying, City were up for it, and although I was expecting a tough game I had a feeling for a narrow win.
I love it when the opponents attack breaks down and City counter at speed and a goal looks likes it's coming. Unfortunately, so many times, the last pass is not the best choice, not accurate or there's a wild shot and the chance gone. A third goal would have allowed us all to breathe normally.
Still, in the main, we kept "The best forward line in the World" quiet. Limp Salad did nowt, Les Mis Sane did nowt and Virmin-o just one easy chance.
Gob-almighty Carragher kept muttering during the match but unfortunately I only speak English so didn't catch a word of what he was on about.
YOU'L NEVER WANK ALONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.