Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Could only be in Chorlton where a pub would use the word contrive!!
.....and have fans of united, toon, Wednesday, Barnsley, Chelsea, Norwich, Leeds, Bristol Rovers, Blackburn, Blades, Everton drinking in there on a Sunday evening. Is Chorlton a popular tourist destination now or were your really in a sports bar in Benidorm?

Have to be honest and say it was a great game from the best 2 teams in the league by far. There is no doubt in my mind though that City were the better team and deserved to win. We terrorised their defence and made them look very shaky on a number of occasions and that included Dick Van Dyke. The difference is in the finishing. They are clinical in front of goal and if we had been, the game would have been over at half time. The PL title is in our own hands. They can only win it with LUCK ie. if we slip up. Come on City!!

Is the only correct answer.
There's fuck all point being the better team if we don't win.

Not really.

Our fans don't listen to Pep enough. Rivalry is not only about the final result, but also about the quality of performance. You can't control the result at 100 %, for luck plays a significant role in a low-scoring game like football. No matter how we play, the opposition always stands a chance to win/draw, especially if it's one of the best teams in the world.

Clearly, Pep was happier than Klopp after the game. Why? For two reasons: the draw left us in the driving seat, and we outperformed them. The latter was very important to Pep and the players.

Given that football involves chance, performances are the best predictor for success. You can luck your way to some wins or even trophies, but the quality of performances is the most solid basis for winning big trophies.

One of the main mistakes many posters make on football forums is that their perspective on the game is often distorted by the result at the expense of the performance. Had Mahrez scored that chance, the thread would have been completely different, and the performance would have been lauded as one of the greatest ever.

We'll play worse in some big games over the next weeks, but will score more goals and win. We played much worse at Sporting but won 5:0. That's football.

Copious amounts of beer probably clouds my judgement so I will need to watch it again, or at least the highlights to fully appreciate everything but my immediate feeling after the match was that result means that we will hopefully now go on to win next weekend. If we had won today I feel we wouldn't beat them twice in a week so overall happy enough.

Not sure if wumming, mental or obstinate.
I must have been hallucinating. I’ll watch the second half again and if that didn’t happen then I’ll apologise for my mistake.

Haha! Imagine doubling down on something that isn’t even that controversial a post. I’m beginning to think you don’t know what any of those words mean.

Good turn out by the Tampa Bay Blues today
View attachment 40072
Brilliant turn out, well done Tampa Bay Blues!

This photo, just makes you realise the growth City are going through. All over the world there would have been groups of blues meeting up to watch City play, and although not to the same extent, this happens for every game we play.

Little old City, who would have thought that!

Watching the highlights and shit we should of won that easily. Jesus wasteful, Mahrez should of rolled Foden in and Ederson was poor for their first goal. Overall we played incredibly well, but shouldn't of let them of with a point.

We will drop points possibly at Wolves and West Ham. What people aren't taking in to account is the high intensity games we have coming up, Atletico and then the semi final which will take shit loads of energy out of the players. We haven't the squad depth to keep chopping and changing as well, contrary to what everyone else thinks so something will have to give.
Liverpool have more options now, their bench is very strong and they could quite easily play all nine subs yesterday in an 11 and still win the majority of prem matches.
Would it be that much of a disaster if we went out of the champs on Wednesday and put everything in to the fa cup and league?
Do you actually support City?

Thick ****. It was Liverpool fans who started all that booing business when we played them at Anfield in the 2013/14 season. Funny how they don't like it when they get a bit back. City fans really can't win with some of that lot - on the one hand we apparently don't have any atmosphere, yet when we do create one they start chucking toys out the pram. It was the same with that game in 2018/19 at ours when their fans shit themselves so much that they were too scared to celebrate when they equalised, one of them even skriking on social media after
I agree mate. He should take up knitting. They have the most hated fans in the country. They even resorted to chucking chips over yesterday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.