Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

No they didn’t, also I don’t think there was a replay of the “foul” by Jesus just before Foden “scored”. I’m not saying these decisions were wrong but it would be nice to see them again.
It’s a joke isn’t it, I normally resort to rewinding the virgin box & playing it in slow-mo (it’s actually really good) the Jesus tackle does look like he played through the man to win the ball & was a touch unfortunate, many of those incidents went unpunished & added to the game. The penalty incident isn’t very clear but with the tech available to VAR a pen should’ve been given, vvd panics when he sees Gabby getting on the wrong side of him, sticks out a leg which impedes Gabby, who doesn’t even make a play for the ball (due to the contact) & gets clattered off Alisson who does make connection with the ball. At 1-0 this had a massive bearing on the game, I haven’t seen another replay on any network or ref watch (if it’s been on) but it’ll probably be explained away as initial contact was just outside the box therefore var can’t intervene

I think we can take a lot of positives from that game. If we can keep that high intensity up in our remaining games then we really can take the lot.

What could have been…

5-CBF40-E5-5-B87-44-CF-87-CB-B4-BF87764-F6-A.jpg
Christ...that should be an easy pass to Foden for a virtual tap in. Never realised from my seat that he chose to try an execute such a difficult finish with Phil onside and facing goal.

It wasn’t one if that helps. Right in front of us that incident. Didn’t look a pen to me.
Thankyou, although it was more a comment on the lack of any replay. As I said to my lovely wife, I wasn't convinced it was a pen but I would like to have seen it again to make my own mind up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.