Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Believe someone in concourse (east level 3) was surrounded by paramedics, looked really bad apparently. Hope he pulls through, happening far too often atm.

We need not worry chaps, Rags playing for the badge in their true derby next week. We’ll be fine

they are grinding result out and havent been playing well for quite a while - their clinical forward line gets them out of trouble especailly more so recently.....that is the concern for me...we will always batter teams BUT all it takes is team to have a great day defensively against us and our forwards to do what they do (or dont do) and we could see dropped points.

we have:
20th April - Brighton (home) --- 19th April (home) Scousers vs Rags - Scousers will batter them
23rd April - Watford (Home) -- 24th April (home) Scousers vs Blue Scouse - again Liverpool win - blue scouse are shit
30th April - Leeds (away) - - 30th vs Newcastle away - slight hope of dropped points

8th May - Newcastle (Home) --- 7th May - Scousers vs Spurs (home) - Spurs will be Spursy but we live in hope

10th May - Scousers vs Villa (away) - bit of hope but not much

15th May. - West ham (away) ---- Scousers vs Southampton (away) - slight hope and in past seasons a real hope
22nd May. - Villa (home) -------- Wolves (home) - bout their hardest game after the spurs game but its at anfield.

Plus a rearranged game vs Wolves (away) - presumeably between the Newcastle and West ham game

The last two games plus the wolves game (when ever it is) are probably our hardest ones

For the scousers, the games away from anfield at Newcastle and west ham and maybe southampton are possible games where they could drop a point but I dont see it

All very very tight.
I know who they have and I know who we have, a good chance neither of us drop points, which is fine. Otherwise predicting who drops points where is a waste of time because both teams have already dropped points that weren’t predicted. What is un arguable is on paper their run in is harder.
So there isn’t any reason to think we aren’t favourites to win it. That said the facourite doesn’t always win.

From where I was sat it was a decent game from two top sides - I will however, draw these conclusions.

1. Fabinho and Thiago should have had at least three yellow cards based on cards Taylor had already dished out. Fabinho perhaps should even had a red.
2. Kev was superb his passing range is ridiculous and if we had a lethal striker we win this match 4 or 5-2.
3. I felt we were a bit reluctant to move the ball from the back quickly - when we did we ripped them apart so it was curious why we kept going sideways between John and Laporte. At the game it seemed like this so I will watch it back and see if it was the same.
4. Jesus was very good although his performance was down from a 9/10 to an 8 because he didn't show the composure to pass to Kev for a tap in. Can't fault him he ran and ran and stopped their fullbacks playing higher up the pitch.
5. I thought VAR was instructed to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker - it looked dead level to me.
6. Finally I know this will bait a few but Mahrez has to do better, it was a perfect pass played so it would be easy to run onto yet he once again had to check back onto his left foot - he then had 3 choices - blast it to make the keeper save it, pass to Phil for a tap in or try an audacious chip which was the low % choice. As others have said if we were winning the game he would have scored. I guess the biggest issue with that chance is if it had fallen to Jota, Mane or Salah we lose that match.

Anyway good news is the title is still in our hands and our main men are stepping up for the final push. No mistakes now and the title is ours. Liverpool will def win most of their games because to be fair they are playing well although I do think Van Dyke is not as powerful as previous seasons.

Beer and watching the tape then looking forward to Wednesday.

It's a privilege to watch this City team. No English team has produced performances of such high quality. The best performance for this season is yet to come, though. Hopefully in the last week of May.

The result doesn't do justice to the performance. But in other, no less important games, the result will correspond to the performance, we'll score more goals. This City team is for the big occasions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.