Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

I did think Colin from Gosport was in fact the character from Talking Heads on Twitter - I expected him to sign off "love to the family " lol

He just called in and said he had missed the game as his mum had been taken to hospital - Savage said " oh sorry to hear that Colin - I'll let you get off - love to the family - I think it may have been the actor who plays him and Ian Fiveankles and they had bubbled him"

Fantastic game, fantastic performance, absolutely horrendously criminally shite finishing!

Didn’t lose, still top! Only 1 defeat in the last 9 games against them now.

On the piss…

Where are all the doomsayers from the Matchday thread who just knew that the dippers were going to win?

They don't hang about......

80989592fb90f20eb66a0926f43458a7a559e8d9.gifv

Atletico is perfect for Gundogan, Mahrez and Grealish to come in.

Keep the ball, defend from their box and keep probing for a second goal. Make them chase the game.

That front 3 and midfield today needs to start in the cup, it had Liverpool on toast. Outfought them, outpaced them, outskilled them.
Agree. That’s also given Klopp something to think about tactically for the semi. Fine margins. Life’s a game of inches as Al Pacino once said.

the only thing that was a bit puzzling for me was the Sterling Grealish switch. So hard for a newcomer like Grealish to get into the pace of that kind of game with 10 minutes to play. But I suppose pep is damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t with subs.

im pissed off at what might have been, but positive. Their front 3 are quality, but we knew that and we are the better team. So proud to be a blue!

Title is out of their hands, they are relying on us to fuck up whilst still having to win all their games. They will drop more points.

We battered them again and they will know they have been lucky again. One day we will convert those chances and be four up before they have a chance.

if anyone ever calls us out for tactical fouling ever again I give you Fabinho and Tiago. I would have said Henderson as well but he never got near anyone.

They are utter gash and just rely on constant long ball bombardment, a modern day Stoke on steroids.

As for the ref / VAR they did well protecting the product and keeping the race exciting. How they finished with 11 is beyond me. Even Tiago thought he was a goner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.