Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Disagree, he was his usual wasteful self but can't judge his entire game on a few poor moments. He offered a significant threat in behind that pushed them 15 yards back. Foden wouldn't have done that had he been pushed upfront, Grealish wouldn't have been a threat upfront, he was the best option. That threat alone even without doing anything else was enough to make it worthwhile having him on the pitch today.
If Sterling could score straightforward chances he would be the best player in the world.
He doesn't so he isn't.

Disagree, he was his usual wasteful self but can't judge his entire game on a few poor moments. He offered a significant threat in behind that pushed them 15 yards back. Foden wouldn't have done that had he been pushed upfront, Grealish wouldn't have been a threat upfront, he was the best option. That threat alone even without doing anything else was enough to make it worthwhile having him on the pitch today.
Pep got the team and tactics spot on. The front 3 are wasteful (sterling in particular) but they did exactly what pep wanted and pulled the dipper defence all over the show. They are the reason we created so many chances.
just so happans they also managed to miss most of those chances :(

Not just about today's game,but please sell Sterling in the summer he's not up to our standards.
obama-confused.gif

How they didnt finish with nine men is the mystery , totally glossed over and not even discussed by fanboy Carragher and company
It was the same at Klanfield , with Milner but Dippers getting away with murder , is nothing new.
We took them apart in the first half and made Van Dick look like the chump he is , their defence was in disarray , they scored a soft goal against the run of play which was 100% Ederson's fault and the Dippers were hanging on for dear life praying for half time
Yet again we let these scouse bastards off the hook , they have a knack of scraping results against us no matter how much we outplay them. We need to sign a top class finisher , whatever Haaland and his dad , agent and his pet dog wants give it him , because a 30 goal a season striker will take us to another level.

We should’ve won just like we should’ve won at theirs which is what makes this frustrating.

Still in our hands so we’ve only got ourselves to blame if we drop points and mess up from here.

Need a favour from the rags when they play them.
I've more faith in relegation struggling Everton giving them a game than United's galacticos.

So all is fair in love and war.
Shame we couldn’t have stuck the knife in at the end there that would really have deflated the dippers but it’s in our hands and I fancy out games Vs theirs.
Still think we will both drop points until now and the end of the season just who drops least.
If we both get into the CL semi becomes a real intense calendar and that’s where I think we have edge, been there, seen it and have the medal.

I agree. His all round game was very good bar the one thing that always frustrates us.

The team recovered twice, especially considering the second equalizer arrives at the worst possible timing. No excuse for Kyle there...

City established their authority on the pitch, delivering a statement of a performance. Just like they did earlier in the season when facing Chelsea away. The scoreline is a fucking lie, no idea how they fucking survived today. A pity for the team's effort, the boys deserved much much more...

There can be no doubt regarding the better team. We know it, and they know it as well, take my word for it. My basic concern today was matching their energy levels. Our weakness for a second consecutive season, unfortunately some people will never get it. But the team was tactically excellent and organized. Focused, composed and determined, with a game plan causing them a variety of problems, making them feel uncomfortable throughout the 90'. The point is, however, they stay in the game with this result -which means zero room for errors from now on, till the end...

Proud for Pep and the boys. Stay fucking strong. You know who you are, you've proven it again. As a unit as well as individually. You should have won today. Do not give them (and all the cunts rooting for them) the satisfaction, it would be criminal...

PS. I can only imagine how it feels for a player like Kevin creating so much for his teammates, watching clear chances being wasted. Again and again and again. Somebody high up in the hierarchy had promised him reinforcements upfront, if I remember well. Quality reinforcements making a "statement". Didn't happen, for a second consecutive season. The team suffers -and next season Kevin, as others, will be one year older...
PS 2. The less said about Taylor and VAR the better. Thiago surviving the whole 90' is a scandal. No idea how Raz's goal was ruled out. No idea how Phil's goal in the first half was ruled out either. And so on. City were robbed in both matches vs Liverpool this season -a clear fact I expect no one in the media to make a case about...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.