Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Fabinho too! Sure he went in with studs on KDBs ankle. I wouldnt be suprised if Kev misses Wednesday, or at very least, starts on the bench as a result of it.
Think it was bernardo (e caught. It was late and studs in the ankle. A red all day long

A great effort today. Superb performance first half but once again sloppiness in front of goal and sloppy defending has cost us. We need to focus now. It’s in our hands still and that’s the main thing.

Don't think Sterling had a good game at all.
Disagree, he was his usual wasteful self but can't judge his entire game on a few poor moments. He offered a significant threat in behind that pushed them 15 yards back. Foden wouldn't have done that had he been pushed upfront, Grealish wouldn't have been a threat upfront, he was the best option. That threat alone even without doing anything else was enough to make it worthwhile having him on the pitch today.

Really? Fabinho and Thiago deserved to stay on the pitch. I’ll lend you my psychiatrist you daft twat
He decided not to book Thiago first time in the same way KDb didnt get booked for his tackle on Fabinho in the final third near the end.

all of you take off your blue glasses. In the post match not one person has mentioned it including United ex players - so maybe its just you

I went into this game willing to take a draw. Having watched it it now feels like 2 pts dropped (Sterling and Mahrez both could have had a couple). Still, the title is in our hands so I'll take it.

Match of the Day gave the game away a few weeks ago when they actually showed the late Mahrez goal in the Derby to be onside. They showed that they have the ability to see the action frame by frame until the absolute correct point at which the first touch of the ball was made in order to make the correct decision.

Never seen them do that before or since.

For me, after seeing that, the fact that we are still getting still images with a stretched ball or ones which are clearly much later than the first point of contact proves, to me at least, that manipulation for "entertainment" reasons is rife.
I want to see them do the workings out as well. We used to see it but then its seems to have stopped

well he didnt cripple him since he was up and walking in 30 seconds. it was a single footed challenge that caught the ankle = yellow in the history of modern football

Thiago caught KDB after already being fouled hence the ref cant really judge it a yellow for the position on the pitch etc and only look for red for violent conduct. VAR also cannot issue a second yellow.
you're still pretty desperate to defend the red cards, thiago should have been booked before his first, as for he "didn't cripple him" , bernie is a very lucky lad, thats a red ,if you cant see it im not going to go back and forth ,it was actually above the ankle looking back at it

Reactionary comment:

Before the game, a draw would’ve sounded nice. However, when you see the chances missed and how much better the lads are, you can’t accept that draw. Disgusting that they walk away with anything.

Calmed down comment:

Rather unfortunate not to win. City just have to turn up for the remaining games and it’s done. Just have to take the draw and move on. Wasn’t to be.
Sorry Josh but given our propensity to waste chances we have to do more than turn up for our remaining games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.