Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Good performance overall and we should have really won the game, Raheem was a midges dick offside and Mahrez had a glorious chance at the end. Frustrating that Walker switched off for their second but a point is a solid result. I’m confident we can go on and win the league again this year now.
A bit tight on Walker that. It was a wicked ball played in & Walker could have easily scored an own goal, as well as given away a penalty, & it was a sublime finish by Mané.

Sometimes we've just gotta give credit where it's due.

I thought that both Fabinho and Thiago committed at least yellow card challenges on more than one occasion, possibly red, and yet both stayed on the pitch. If the ones they didn’t get booked for were less bad challenges than the one Bernardo did get booked for them I’m very surprised. But you don’t see it as clearly at the game as those watching it several times on tv. Also I must have been mistaken because on at least 2 occasions I saw bad dipper lunges given as free kicks against City. As ever Anthony was great to us

Off the pitch l was pissed off to see so many half and half scarves on East Stand Level 3. Many tourists but scouse fans too.
Unfortunately many of them were in seats usually occupied by season ticket holders who couldn't be bothered going unless a large number had good reasons for missing and putting up tickets for resale.
There was three obvious Liverpool fans in front of me in the standing area of Colin Bell. Dread to think how much they must have paid!

Having had the last hour to think about it while driving home from the game my overwhelming feeling is disappointment.

It was a fantastic game and Liverpool are the best team we have played this year. However we should have won it comfortably. We could and should have been up 3 up at half time. We were asleep for their second goal. We had some very good chances to score in the secone half but were wasteful in front of goal and Mahrez should have won it with the last kick of the game but inexplicably blasted it over the top.

Anyway, at least we didn’t lose and we still have it all to play for.

There's a real symmetry to our season. Dropped points home and away to spuds, dippers, saints & eagles. If we can mirror the rest of the results, hopefully win all seven.

That's a bit OTT mate

The title is won over 9 months.

Not over a smoke bomb.

It was thrown on the pitch by a Liverpool fan from the Liverpool end.
Yeah blue ones after both city goals by liverpool fans in our end...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.