Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

I thought that both Fabinho and Thiago committed at least yellow card challenges on more than one occasion, possibly red, and yet both stayed on the pitch. If the ones they didn’t get booked for were less bad challenges than the one Bernardo did get booked for them I’m very surprised. But you don’t see it as clearly at the game as those watching it several times on tv. Also I must have been mistaken because on at least 2 occasions I saw bad dipper lunges given as free kicks against City. As ever Anthony was great to us

What happens with the scousers always gets the benefit of the doubt! If they scored that ofside Sterling goal it would of been onside and why I’ve said before game we had to win today if we were to win the title! We get nowt scousers get earthing going.

No.

It's down to Brighton, Watford, Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa and Wolves to stop us.

It's still in our hands and we've got the advantage.

After the semifinal next weekend we don't have to give the dippers a second thought (unless we get them in Europe).
The Wolves game is the one that worries me the most, bastards know how to frustrate teams.

Striker … if only we had a striker … a striker wouldve finished that game today… a striker and we’d have won that game

sick of hearing it. Its been a failure of the club to not have a striker for basically 3 seasons

Which one of you knobheads threw that smoke bomb on the pitch? They were rattled, we were swarming all over them. Dropped ball. We pull back, they score.
Who?
They were thrown from the away end by Dippers.

No blue would be stupid enough to do that whilst we had them scrambling in defence with the ball on the edge of their box.

We didn't win, but we didn't lose! Should have been out of sight and had the Dippers chasing the game in the first half. We don't half miss some golden opportunities. To concede so early in the second half, and off our kick off, was the stuff of Pep's nightmares! The Dipper game plan has been filched off teams plying their efforts on Hough End - boot it over the opposition and chase it. I also thought their back line was neither solid nor polished. Foden and Raz could have given them three yards start and still taken them. Is their another fixture that might be troublesome - apart from all of 'em.

I don't understand why he freezes when through on goal. He's clearly a good guy, very hard working, physically very athletic, runs his heart out but cannot finish a relatively easy chance. I don't like putting City players down but this is their job and they are paid very well to do it well. So why is he and the others not practicing how to score goals with both feet all week long so come matchday it is second nature. I just don't understand it. Where is the pride? Isn't City's motto in latin "Superbia en proelia" which translates as pride in battle. Anyway if it doesn't change they will go and someone who can finish will come in so its up to them.
With Sterling it's a mentality issue. He's an instinct player. Give him time to think & he becomes indecisive & hesitant & will either lose the ball, play a bad pass, or miss a chance. At best, he'll make a sidewards pass.

He needs a psychologist to help him with this. A mate of mine works in all aspects of industry & sport with these things & said I'd be amazed what could be achieved by regular sessions concentrating on areas of weakness.

If we have a player who needs it, it's Raheem Sterling. Fix this aspect of his game & we've got one of the top 10 players in the world.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.