Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

You cannot underestimate that performance today.

Liverpool are in the top 3 sides on the planet and we were absolutely the better side. Made them look ordinary, which they definitely aren’t.

It’s been clear as day we need a proper finisher. Today was the clearest evidence yet. We would’ve had 5 or 6 with a Haaland or Kane today. That’s how much on top we were.

I think it’s 2 points dropped tbh. However, we’ve shown the world who the better team is today. That will sit in the dippers’ heads and I expect them to slowly fold now.
FSG is probably terrified that we will sign Haaland.

I cannot wait for next season.

A lot of negativity on here about Sterling from people who are better tacticians than Pep. Maybe there was a reason we played our three fastest pressing forwards against a team whose most dangerous attack is a direct long ball counter, can't imagine what that would be.

I know I’m overthinking but a draw is a better result, I think we need to feel on our toes. Whether it Liverpool breathing down our necks, or us chasing 100 points. Taking a more relaxed approach doesn’t suit.

despite the media narrative (to keep the punters tuning in, the armchair reds happy and advertising revenue up) we showed we are the better team. The biggest thing was not to lose, looked like pep knew that at the end.

Yep, and that's even with Sterling and Jesus.
I've lost patience with Jesus unfortunately, too many poor decisions. Thought Allisson made an excellent save to deny Sterling though, and even though he can be frustrating at times I'd still stick with him

Striker … if only we had a striker … a striker wouldve finished that game today… a striker and we’d have won that game

sick of hearing it. Its been a failure of the club to not have a striker for basically 3 seasons
I agree but if we play a striker the rest of true set up has to change. Could be a transition year next year unless it clicks early

It was to be fair mate. Raz's shoulder is ahead of Matip's foot... JUST!
Notice the frame used to show that. The ball is already well off Kev’s foot. If you go back literally a frame, when it is *just* off Kev’s boot Raz would be onside, just.

This is why the PL have implemented VAR the ways they have.

One thing that particularly impressed me was how patient we were. I know it can be frustrating watching us not be more aggressive but the last thing you want against Liverpool is an end-to-end game. We really picked our moments and when we cut through them we really tore them open.

Unfortunately we were a bit slow to play the final ball, and when we did it wasn't quite right. An the odd time we did get it right we weren't clinical enough.

It was very mature on our part, and I don't think it's a coincidence Liverpool have struggled to actually beat us for so long now.

An excellent post.

We played with the ball a lot in our own third, often deliberately slowly. It took the sting out of the game and worked well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.