Liverpool (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I think like so many of our recent encounters whoever scores first wins.

I predict the game will pan out initially like the 4-0 did. Both teams half playing their normal game, half being terrified of the other.

They know that we have the ability to play through their press. And because they press so aggressively when they do press they know that if we get behind we're going to have a LOT of space to punish them. And without Van Dijk tracking back their defence's poor positioning will cost them. Meanwhile we're going to be terrified that every time Mané, Salah, or even Jota get the ball near the edge of our area they're going to turn our defenders inside out and score a perfectly placed goal past Ederson.

What I'm hoping for is that they underestimate our new defensive strength, which at least early on would give us a lot of counter attack opportunities.

________________Ederson_______________

Walker____Laporte_______Dias_______Cancelo

________________Gundogan________________

__________KDB______________Bernardo______

Sterling__________Jesus___________Torres

Would go with that , apart from Gundogan , much as i appreciate him , we need a stronger presence in the middle against Klopps headless chickens , would have Rodri up against yard dog Henderson with Bernardo ratting for 90 minutes.

I'd be very happy with that.

bang on the money, and our best team at present.

(though Rodri will start)

One thing that might make this match more interesting is that we seem better in defence but worse in attack than previously and they seem to have improved their attack but weakened at the back (and that was before the Van Dijk injury).

Cancelo against Salah. big no. Will have to be Ake. But I want to see Cancelo in the team somewhere

All those saying it's not a must win ... well, it is ... we are at home! You don't lose to your title rivals at home ... And knowing our record at Anfield, it's always a must win against them at home ... we only play them twice in the season.

The Klanfield game will be totally different this season , they will not be able to "unleash" their crowd and get the officials onside , if we take six points off them , thats a twelve point swing and will win us the title , so lets start on Sunday and stuff them , it will give us a massive confidence boost.

Probably the most important game so far, it is a must win. We need to be defensively sharp and offensively clinical. I think we are the better side and we will play the better game but we need some clinical finishes.

----Torres ----- Jesus ----- Sterling--

------- Bernardo ---------KDB---------

------------------ Rodri-----------------

Ake ----- Laporte --- Dias --- Walker
Agree with this. Cannot play Gundo and Bernardo...need Rodri to combat the physicality of Liverpool midfielders.

Tbh I think like so many of our recent encounters whoever scores first wins.

I predict the game will pan out initially like the 4-0 did. Both teams half playing their normal game, half being terrified of the other.

They know that we have the ability to play through their press. And because they press so aggressively when they do press they know that if we get behind we're going to have a LOT of space to punish them. And without Van Dijk tracking back their defence's poor positioning will cost them. Meanwhile we're going to be terrified that every time Mané, Salah, or even Jota get the ball near the edge of our area they're going to turn our defenders inside out and score a perfectly placed goal past Ederson.

What I'm hoping for is that they underestimate our new defensive strength, which at least early on would give us a lot of counter attack opportunities.
Exactly, most likely the first team to score wins the game because the game would be initially both teams being half cautious. So if we get the first goal I am confident we can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.