Liverpool in Pot 2 in next season's CL, Where do we go?

East Level 2 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Why / how? They haven't been in it for 4 years......
Europa League
They'll still be pot 3/4 though, we're scraping pot 2 for next year.
More ill-informed and wishful journalism.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
cleavers said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Highly unlikely they'll be in Pot 2. They need about three seeded teams to go out in the qualifiers for that to happen.
Yeah but they're Liverpool, they've won it 5 times.
5 times you say. Why has no-one mentioned this before?
Didn't Dave Whelan mention it once? Or am I getting confused (dot com)?

Prestwich_Blue said:
sam-caddick said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Why / how? They haven't been in it for 4 years......

I don't know but I will be fuming if we are in pot three.
We are well above them in the rankings (City 72.921 v Liverpool 58.921) and it will get better next year. It's based on points awarded for your European performance over the last 5 years and their best year (2009/10 - 24.585 points) will drop off next year meaning they need to get to the QF's just to stand still. We only lose just over 3 points from 2009/10 so if we do at least as well as this season, we pick up a net 20 points.

Nothing a small change to the rules won't resolve, like when they won the tournament but failed to qualify for the next years competition

Chris in London said:
Nothing a small change to the rules won't resolve, like when they won the tournament but failed to qualify for the next years competition
What happened when Real Madrid won it in the 90s and finished 6th in la liga?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
cleavers said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Highly unlikely they'll be in Pot 2. They need about three seeded teams to go out in the qualifiers for that to happen.
Yeah but they're Liverpool, they've won it 5 times.
5 times you say. Why has no-one mentioned this before?

I think John Bishop might have mentioned a few years back. It's not summat they brag about.

This seeding history thing is load of rubbish , i'm surprised European Parliament allows it its a restraint of trade. Have we got any lawyers? Big clubs will always get the easier matches with this seeding crap but guess thats what uefa wants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.