Liverpool might still catch us!

Damocles said:
GStar said:
I think we'd be utterly stupid to sack Mancini at this stage.

There needs to be an end of season review where the board and management staff dissect the season and explain why we didn't challenge for the title and where we aim to be next season.

Khaldoon has said both publicly and privately that he expects 4th. Why would we do this?

"Expecting" 4th. could be the absolute minimum required by the manager, not necessarily the target.

I might "expect" my kids to get 6 GCSE's, but i woiuld hope for better than that as a judgment of their performance.

I think 4th. is absolute minimum required, and I doubt if that might be enough given the poor signings and disappointing style of play.

Abramovic has sacked managers for far better performances! It's a harsh world out there...

Maybe Messrs Kaldoon or Cook could invite our old mucker Thaksin Shinawatra to rock up with his monkey wrench to tighten the bolt? Or simply try something new coz it aint quite working. The dippers at the mo play better than us going forward but we are a better defensive unit. If RM had bought in Zola instead of Platt, he may have got better appraisals and opinions instead of the advice (or lack thereof) he gets currently!!

Soulboy said:
smithy167 said:
Liverpool wont catch us, we got beat at chelsea no shame in that in the real world. Why will there be a tidal wave of changing opinions over the next few weeks?

I never said Liverpool would catch us. I said it's not inconceivable that they could catch us.

Just three months ago we were fighting for the Premiership title and Liverpool were fighting a relegation battle. They are now within catching distance, seeing as we have to go there still.

I'm just pointing out that a new manager can change the whole landscape of a club without having to spend money on doing it.

Oh, and just as an aside, Liverpool went to Chelsea a few weeks ago and won. With some style.

It's not inconceivable that you'll get (hopefully) run over by a steamroller tomorrow. I'm just pointing out that we could win only three of our remaining games, but then so could the Scum, Arsenal, Spuds, Chelsea and Blackpool. Muppet.

i been saying the same now for weeks

-- Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:12 pm --

i been saying the same now for weeks<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:12 pm --<br /><br />i been saying the same now for weeks

u2fme2 said:

Stutter?

Uber Blue said:
Soulboy said:
I never said Liverpool would catch us. I said it's not inconceivable that they could catch us.

Just three months ago we were fighting for the Premiership title and Liverpool were fighting a relegation battle. They are now within catching distance, seeing as we have to go there still.

I'm just pointing out that a new manager can change the whole landscape of a club without having to spend money on doing it.

Oh, and just as an aside, Liverpool went to Chelsea a few weeks ago and won. With some style.

It's not inconceivable that you'll get (hopefully) run over by a steamroller tomorrow. I'm just pointing out that we could win only three of our remaining games, but then so could the Scum, Arsenal, Spuds, Chelsea and Blackpool. Muppet.

Hold on to that comfort blanket.Tight. Don't let it go...

I love adult debate. You should try it some time.

If Dzeko and Balotelli continue to look as ineffective as they have done i think we will struggle for 4th

Damocles said:
GStar said:
I think we'd be utterly stupid to sack Mancini at this stage.

There needs to be an end of season review where the board and management staff dissect the season and explain why we didn't challenge for the title and where we aim to be next season.

Khaldoon has said both publicly and privately that he expects 4th. Why would we do this?
I agree no chance on earth we could challenge for the title this season to many new players beddin in again for that, finish in the top four this season and try and challenge for the title next season, no chance of that tho if we replace the manager and sign a shit load of new players.

Soulboy said:
Damocles said:

"Expecting" 4th. could be the absolute minimum required by the manager, not necessarily the target.

I might "expect" my kids to get 6 GCSE's, but i woiuld hope for better than that as a judgment of their performance.

I think 4th. is absolute minimum required, and I doubt if that might be enough given the poor signings and disappointing style of play.

Abramovic has sacked managers for far better performances! It's a harsh world out there...

I used a similar analogy a few weeks ago. If you sit an exam where the pass mark is 40%, its 40% at the bare minimum, but really you hope for better. When you have had a lot of money spent on tutors for example, you really should be doing better.

That being said I am happy with 4th, but I do believe we are under performing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.