Liverpool (N) - Community Shield | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
There seem to be a lot of people on this forum that don’t have much football knowledge. It was always going to be rusty, some of the players have not played at all since May and new arrivals need to bed in, but Foden and Alvarez certainly clicked, and Haaland was in the right place many times. Ake got stick for deflecting TAA‘s goal, but it would have gone in without the help of the post if Ake’s head hadn’t deflected it, so he nearly saved us. The penalty was correct in the current laws of the game, but the law is an ass. He was clearly pulling his arm away and no way is that a deliberate handball in the old rules. Fair enough, Liverpool had more game time and looked sharper, but it is clear that once we get everyone match-fit and get a bit more chemistry, and a decent left back, we will be a force to be reckoned with.
Keep the faith

Over the 90 minutes, Nathan Ake (unlucky with the goal as I think Ederson might have saved it), but for impact Alvarez looked very sharp.

I haven't bothered voting for either, as it's a game that doesn't matter, it's there to get match fitness back, and on that score it was a useful game, and showed how far ahead of us they are at the moment, but we could still have won it. The penalty was key, as I thought we were on top by then, but Dias was a bit unlucky, he was trying to get out of the way, and the ball was deflected from a metre away (rightly a penalty - but still unlucky).

Bernie for me, just edging out Kev, Alvarez and Foden. Pretty lacklustre stuff though. Rodders and Mahrez well below par. Back four had little protection, but Cancelo doesn’t help himself. Half arsed too often.
Overall though, they were no better than us, despite having had a far more intensive preseason, which has to be a positive. Good to see Haaland getting into some good positions, even though his first touch was somewhat lacking

Voted Alvarez, just for his goal. Foden looked reasonably sharp, and Ake had a decent second half, but no-one else really comes out of it with any credit imo.
Totally agree with Ric summed this up perfect. They wanted it more and it showed. Great atmosphere being at a smaller stadium. CTID

Reactions: Ric

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.