Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same old shit from the dippers, Nunez is world class, Haaland is shite.

Just a bad day at the office, we looked a touch off pace but Liverpool as always are absolutely desperate to get one over us whenever they can. Just means we owe them one now this season.

On pitch, Grealish cut inside too much for my liking. He stifled Cancelo down the left hand side. And Mahrez seemed to do everything he could to keep the ball away from Haaland. Foden and Alvarez looked good when they came on. We’ll be back.

Okay last time, we’ve won the league 4 of the last 5. So what on earth make you and others sat on the internet think they know how to prepare a squad for a season than the manager that prepared a squad to win 4 of the last 5 leagues.
We prepare the way Pep thinks fit to do otherwise would be fucking stupid.
Tilts cap in your direction for some common sense

I hate losing, especially to these lot, somehow it’s now worse than losing to the reds. Having read through the forums on this site since the final whistle, some fans are having a meltdown and yes we were well off the pace but we didn’t win the Community Shield last season if I remember. Talking of the other forums some posters are referring to a player called Trent? Anyone enlighten me. I thought players went by their surname or am I old fashioned ?

Last edited:
Today is nice to win nothing more

We were that bad (maybe worse) as against Leicester last season

I fuckin hope we’ll be a lot better on the opening day against West Ham than we were against spurs last season

Sloppy start didnt help our cause , but thought we looked on top in the 2nd half.
Try not to read too much into the Charity,/Community shield, they've been a bit 'hit and miss,' for us haven't they!
Liverpool looked less rusty than us, as others have said though the real season starts next week. Ofcourse I don't really like losing to the media darlings (the ITV commentary was particularly insufferable today!)
In truth I was more pissed off when we let them off the hook in both League games last season...but that turned out okay didn't it!

Obviously really early days but this could be a season of transition for us. Why? Well we've lost three great members of the squad who know our system backwards. We've also lost Jesus and Sterling's goals and assists. Sure they have their critics and both miss chances but overall their stats stand up. Alvarez and Haaland could of course step up to the plate but it could take time. Haaland in particular was mainly a passenger today but we have to find a different way of playing to get the best out of him. Lots of work on the training ground.

Grealish continues to disappoint. He provides nothing at all, no real threat or end product. Mahrez was at his greedy frustrating best and everyone else was off the pace, probably understandably. We need a left back. Cancelo was getting done and caught out of position time after time, but Salah is an exceptional talent. All things considered though with a little more luck and better finishing we could also have won the game, in spite of being second best for periods in it. Unfortunately the scouse vermin are not going away and will still be our main challengers.

Mahrez and Rodri absolute bobbins today, well off the boil. Why no Kalvin Philips at half time to freshen up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.