Liverpool (N) - FA Cup - Sat 16th April, 15:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally said out of all 4 of our big games I don't mind as much if we lost this one. Really thought we would rotate more for atleti (A) and still think we could've/ should've. With kdb and cancelo one yellow from suspension thought they'd sit out. And now we're walking away with kev and walker likely missing this one when kev especially barely played a part in the game Vs atleti. This is all while Liverpool could rotate and near enough play their B team. I'm really not optimistic about Saturday.

Strange to say that I’m least bothered about an FA Cup SF…..that would have been everything to me 10 years ago.

I want to win but there are pluses to playing a weakened lineup and we could probably do without the extra match in the final to put everything into the PL and CL.

Weird but true.

I wonder if Delap would get a run out? Something a bit different for Klopp to think about.
How fast is Delap? Is he known for speed, cos I believe we will be hoisting balls over their back line again to run onto.
Front 3 of Jesus, sterling and foden for me.

Can't have Gundo and Fern in the same midfield, that would be painful. Pep may also need to hold Zin back if Walker is injured for a while, with Cancelo also suspended for Madrid.

I expect the team to be closer to the below - with the only factor whether Phil or Jack play in the ten. I've gone for Phil wide left because he gets back quicker than Jack re Arnold.

I like this team and it gives us a decent shout at it.

............STEFFEN..............
CANCELO...STONES...DIAS...AKE
......... FERN....RODRI...
.............GREALISH......
JESUS........STERLING......FODEN
A decent shout. A bit twitchy at fern and rodri playing together for the full 90, but then Henderson and Fabinho aren’t the quickest either. And what fern now lacks in pace is compensated by his brain. Hopefully bring on Bernardo. Then rodri, Bernardo and Gundo for the Brighton game.

I’m sure Ake, Grealish and Foden can deal with Salad and Terence Trent down the right as well.

after last night am feeling a lot more positive about Saturday, our togetherness is special. We have nothing to lose -
Liverpool have no excuse. I get wound up easily and am putting too much emotion into the FA semi - all about wanting to stop Liverpool and I know that’s a negative way to look at a match. Thankfully the club look at things positively and the emotional intelligence displayed by the team last night was impressive - we support a team full of exceptional human beings.

Gundo played full 90 minutes yesterday and even though he didn't play against Liverpool - lacked energy and pace anyway, so I don't think he will be ready..

More likely Pep will use either Bernardo or Foden there..

Zinchenko will also start, he hasn't played like 2-3 months and has an energy / hunger to prove himself and we we all know how he always surprises us when he returns and not only us, but the opponent managers (i bet, Sari still has nightmares of that game and Zinchenko was crucial there.. :D)

Gundo played full 90 minutes yesterday and even though he didn't play against Liverpool - lacked energy and pace anyway, so I don't think he will be ready..

Zinchenko will also start, he hasn't played like 2-3 months and has an energy / hunger to prove himself and we we all know how he always surprises us when he returns and not only us, but the opponent managers (i bet, Sari still has nightmares of that game and Zinchenko was crucial there.. :D)

------------------------Steffen----------------------------
Cancelo----Stones---Laporte-----Ake-----Zinchenko
----------------------Fernandinho-------------------------
-------------Foden-----------------Grealish---------------
-------Jesus-----------------------------------Sterling-----

That's the team I think Pep will play..

1) Ruben substitutes Cancelo / Stones / Laporte / Ake in the second half and gets practice for the upcoming games

2) Bernardo, Rodri and Gundo can play last 30 minutes

3) Mahrez as well..

4) Ederson Mahrez Gundo Rodri Bernardo (KDB and Walker hopefully) i.e 7 players are rested for Brighton..

If Jesus helps Cancelo against Mane and Zinchy - Ake duo will do same to Salah and Grealish-Foden-Sterling trio will combine well, use spaces to counter-attack and etc. I think there is the big chance to win this game..

Last edited:

1) Ruben substitutes Cancelo / Stones / Laporte / Ake in the second half and gets practice for the upcoming games

3) Mahrez as well..

4) Ederson Mahrez Gundo Rodri Bernardo (KDB and Walker hopefully) i.e 7 players are rested for Brighton..

If Jesus helps Cancelo against Mane and Zinchy - Ake duo will do same to Salah and Grealish-Foden-Sterling trio will combine well, use spaces to counter-attack and etc. I think there is the big chance to win this game..
You think he will play 5 at the back for the first time this season…?

With the ridiculous schedule and the players being knackered and kicked all last game I think we should rest as many as we can. I’d love us to win the cup but we have bigger fish to fry. Resting players against Brighton would be a mistake imo as we need to win every game now.

Let the dippers have their moment and concentrate on the league and the Madrid game. We can always come back next season when we hopefully have two class strikers and win the lot then.

This game has to take a back seat now. Need freshness for league and champions league games.

3) Mahrez as well..

I like your thinking. A positive mental attitude will win this match. Trust in the defence. Pep will know exactly what to do.

3) Mahrez as well..

Except I'd play Zinchencko next to Dihno and Grealish in the free 10 role. Sterling and Foden on the left and right and Gabby at striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.