Liverpool Post Match Thread

The difference in hunger between the two sides was staggering. It's been said for ages we don't press with any meaning, we must be up there with the worst teams in the world in that department.

Funny thing is can anyone recall a game away at Anfield under Mancini in 2011 where I think Mancini fielded a weakened side (maybe with FA Cup semi final as priority?) and the scousers scented blood right from the off and wallopped us 3-0. I think Mancini was forced to field the full strength side in the second half just to stop the rot. He also said in the post match interview that he learned a very important lesson that night, one that he would never repeat again....although he never said what that was? Its a pity he didn't tell Pellers though......

I liked Mancini because he knew the importance of always being tough to beat and always keeping the opposition down to nil or one: which he pretty much did.

On Saturday I think Pellers fielded a weakened side (just like Wigan in the FA Cup) because he either he is always prepared to shrug it and risk our second raters (millionaires to a man) to see if they can prove they are up to it (we know the answer), or as guessed the club have the CL as priority (when we don't....).

For my ten pence worth there are two teams we should never field a weakened side against:

- Liverpool
- Arsenal

These have been our hex teams for decades and I think they will always be so for some strange reason: especially when we forget to have our A game ready: there is no opportunity for a B+ or less line-up or attitude.

Some more points:

a) we have now lost 4-1 in three games this year - in those games how many goals against were actually offside (but still given) - I make it 2 in each game
b) we have now scored two own goals in recent years against Liverpool, we've suffered slips and pratfalls etc costing goals, had penalties/sendings off awarded against for next to nothing all of which confirm the Lverpool hex - this is why we cannot field weakened teams against them.

The crazy thing is, I feel just as gutted about the infamous 3-2 reverse at Anfield with the Kompany miss kick going (as it would) straight to Coutinho - and yet we still pulled it off in the end. We also beat Chelsea away (Tevez and Bellamy) back in the day and Chelsea still strolled the leagure that year I think so not everything is nailed on (much to the displeasure of the pundits.)

Finally though one positive: its great to be on the scousers radar at last......are we now their biggest Derby? I think we are! Great!

Hope - we can nick the league in our usual style - with hindsight, its nights like Saturday that make it worth it when you do..... there's no strolling to titles for us I'm afraid.

Seems Pellers is showing early signs of dementia?

In my opinion we need to grab Ancelotti or work on Pep ASAP!

Well it's no wonder we lost, according to Carragher we were up against 'the red arrows'!

Give the guy a break , he has seen his home town team have a great result in their cup final , if the scousers could guarantee six points from us every season , it would make their season , were a big scalp for the dippers , let them have their time in the sun.

Try watching the game dispassionately - I've watched the whole game replay twice since Saturday - it piggin' hurts like a b*@tch - obviously, we were abysmal but I stand by the view that they hit us in periods when we were on top - that even applied to their last goal.
i agree.

Some have posted mocking the scousers for going overboard after this result.

We should take a closer look at home. Some of the posts on here from city fans are ott.

On the LoveCity podcast one of the contributors mentioned Khaldoon was at the Etihad watching the Liverpool game. I would be very interested to know his reaction to the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.