Liverpool - post match thread.

Played the whole 90 minutes on the back foot. Very poor, reactive and not enough aggression or desire to win the game.
Not really.
Thought we played well for the first 30 mins of the second half but lacked penetration.
It's not good enough but we could have easily got a draw.
Liverpool were no great shakes.

remind me how did Liverpool do last season with KLOPP? It takes time to go through a transition we have a lot of players who are coming to end of their time with us.

He came into that team mid November when they'd already started shit. He took them to 2 cup finals. He didn't have 1 player who he could say he had input into the transfer of when he arrived.

Pep had a full preseason. He seemingly (from comments around the media and on here) had some kind of influence or input on last years transfers for us, then had his input and time this summer. He then preceded to get it all right, then the one time he didn't, he failed to adapt and our run of form speaks for itself now.

It does take time, but barring us turning over a load of dross through a period of 2 months at the start, I haven't seen that much that makes me think "yeah this will be worth the shit were putting up with again".

remind me how did Liverpool do last season with KLOPP? It takes time to go through a transition we have a lot of players who are coming to end of their time with us.
Unfortunately this is right. Expectations were high and I do think we're underperforming but it will take longer to achieve success.

Also, for anyone blaming Pep, might I remind you that what we've just seen is not even close to Pep's style. It's largely a personnel issue.

Totally agree. He's got a job on his hands replacing the old guard. I'm not pressing the panic button yet.

A completely predictable firs half which was spoken about by some people on here at least a week in advance yet our coaching staff do nothing to combat it and infact (yet again) set us up where we not only are bot prepared but are also playing straight into the hands off the opposition tactics.

I know the mantra at present is that we are building for the future but with the quality we have we should be able to have both.....play to your players strengths that you have at the moment..build around this and not shoehorn them into something that doesn't work against the best teams. Pep should be better than this but at present he is refusing to change his ways and it will continue to cost us against those teams that have very mobile forward lines and midfields (spots and the red scouse being the prime examples)

People can use terms like toothless, gutless etc to slightly hide the fact that it in the end comes down to the manager and his way of playing that is causing us the problems agains the best teams ....he changed it vs barca....so why not today....or why not start with fernando to hold the midfield a little tighter.......we were lucky it was only ne...better final passes in other moments and through pressing (predictably) players like Kolarov, Zabba Yaya, and ottomendi they could have (and should have) had a few more....Yaya should never have started..neither should Kolarov and zabba (unless there are injuries to clichy and Sagna that we are unaware of)

This season is a fight for the top 4...not cause of todays result but because Pep will continue to make the same mistakes.

They fsvd us a lesson but lets not forget it's took klipety a season to get his method a cross. So next season and some additions and we will be flying.

Klopp needed a full pre season and a big transfer window to address weak areas (Mane, Matip, Wijnaldrum).

Two things Pep has already had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.