Liverpool - post match thread.

You will be disappointed. very few transfers of any note are made in January.
I'm sure I will be. But we need to do something.

Anyone else think Pep must have something against Nolito? The guy's been one of our best this season.

More knicker wetting from some of our so called fans. Honestly some of you are an embarrassment as City fans. My opinion of course.
Onwards and upwards, Anfield never easy and they put 10 men behind the ball for the entire 2nd half.
Just not enough in front of goal today. Thought we deserved a point tbh. We have obvious weaknesses which I hope Pep will address in good time.
Hope we worked them that hard they cough up points in 2 days whilst we pick 3 up at home all being well.
It will be as you were then.
Cant see us winning the league as were not good enough currently.
Have they presented the trophy yet?

While i don't disagree with anything you say here, you are clearly leaving out our absolute shambolic defensive set up that is costing us time and time again......coupled with a midfield who cant protect them which means that every team we play creates plenty of chances.....this lies firmly on the shoulder of Pep and if he is sitting there not doing anything about this week in week out and when you have had a week to prepare for a game when even the average fan know exactly what is going to happen then you aren't doing the job well enough

He was busy replacing Joe Hart, lost out to Laporte and Stones transfer dragged on a bit. I remember we were interested in a fullback from Torino, but not much else.
I'm trying not to get into a slate pep mode, but after that it's hard. Keeper who can't catch a ball, full backs who should of gone 2 years ago and some of the most talented players in world football who look lost. Something is majorly wrong

Klopp needed a full pre season and a big transfer window to address weak areas (Mane, Matip, Wijnaldrum).

Two things Pep has already had.
But the way we play now is not just a case of rearranging the deck chairs. It's a whole different phylosiphy towards the game approach everything. It will click again before the season is out but this will be in time for next season. It took K lopp half a season and a preseason Pep will get there.

We are a work in progress, I know it does not feel like it at the moment but we are pep's biggest challenge in his managerial career. Bit by bit he will create a fantastic team. Although we are disappointed with the performance at Klanfield we need to keep positive. At least we only have a couple of days to wait to get that result out of our system.

Klopp needed a full pre season and a big transfer window to address weak areas (Mane, Matip, Wijnaldrum).

Two things Pep has already had.

You've forgotten the key ingredient of building a team: time. Klopp had 40 games with Liverpool last season to mould his team. Pep hasn't had that yet.

PEP: We started really good. The first chance they have they score so it was always difficult. Second half we were a little better

PEP: It is what it is. There were not too many clear chances. In these kind of games the little details make the difference.
He is correct. Games like this are decided on small moments and once they were ahead it was incredibly difficult to break them down. We did OK, but this team will not win anything until we can commit going forward and know we are safe at the back.

Problems at both ends of the pitch.

In a game of fine margins we are the architects of our own destruction...AGAIN. Everton,Saints Boro,Spuds,Renters,Foxes Dippers.

Kolorov coughs up possession level with their penalty area. Zabba & Sterling do next to nothing to stop a cross from a standing position. Kolorov looses his man & jumps weakly.......end of.

If you don't shoot you don't score.....does the coach (Pellegrini or Pep) tell them or do the players decide. If it's the players,change them,if it's the coaches change them.

Football is a simple game....get back to basics ASAP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.