Liverpool - post match thread.

Some of you clearly watched a different game to me.

A moment of sloppiness cost us the goal and we lost because we had no cutting edge. However we dominated the game and Liverpool struggled to build anything.

We need some more physicality and a striker. Aguero was the worst player on the pitch

Well, you might be right and we "dominated" the game but if so, there's a huge issue there in that we still lost to a poor side, created absolutely zip all in 94 minutes....you don't think that's anything to worry about...doing nothing and losing to a team who "struggled" to create anything?

Worse night scenario. The scum winning and we getting stuffed thank god Tenerife is giving me a 3 week break Pep is not going to have as good a time as me and you know what he does not deserve it

I'm confused why I should come back to you if you were proven right. I didn't necessarily contradict you, just felt it's a bit too early to make judgement on our CL superiority.
Fair enough. It came across as we're likely to do shite in the chumps as well. If not, I apologise.

Not really.
Thought we played well for the first 30 mins of the second half but lacked penetration.
It's not good enough but we could have easily got a draw.
Liverpool were no great shakes.

Some of those players playing tonight were playing like they know they're out the door soon - reminded me of the first 6 months after the Sheikh took over.

There was a huge lack of collective desire. Liverpool were great compared to us - they scored early on and easily contained us. We were weak, especially up front.

I really thought Pep would be able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear (bit harsh but you know what i mean) so am disappointed he hasn't got the going players more

More knicker wetting from some of our so called fans. Honestly some of you are an embarrassment as City fans. My opinion of course.
Onwards and upwards, Anfield never easy and they put 10 men behind the ball for the entire 2nd half.
Just not enough in front of goal today. Thought we deserved a point tbh. We have obvious weaknesses which I hope Pep will address in good time.
Hope we worked them that hard they cough up points in 2 days whilst we pick 3 up at home all being well.
It will be as you were then.
Cant see us winning the league as were not good enough currently.
Have they presented the trophy yet?

Why didn't he address at least one of those areas in the summer?? Every one knew it.

He was busy replacing Joe Hart, lost out to Laporte and Stones transfer dragged on a bit. I remember we were interested in a fullback from Torino, but not much else.

you are kidding me??. difficult to break down?? their defence is almost as bad as ours, utter shite, maybe if we decided to perhaps attack them then we would have scored
we spent almost the entire game trying to break them down. Liverpool got a good goal from their point of view and that was it. Zero attacking They played this game entirely differently to how they have played this season. Surely you can see that

We started really good.

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

We got better but we didn't start good at all

One criticism of the latter stages of the Pellegrini era was that team performances somehow reflected the manager's dull, conservative personality. By that reasoning we should now be seeing performances full of energy and vitality, sharp and incisive. Everything you associate with Pep. Today and Spurs away were 'Pellegrini' performances. The spirit of Pep was stuck on the touchline. Occasionally it surfaces, Rags first half Arsenal second half, Barcelona second half. But we're not regularly seeing performances imbued with the manager's spirit. That's the conundrum for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.