Liverpool - post match thread.

We are a work in progress, I know it does not feel like it at the moment but we are pep's biggest challenge in his managerial career. Bit by bit he will create a fantastic team. Although we are disappointed with the performance at Klanfield we need to keep positive. At least we only have a couple of days to wait to get that result out of our system.
I agree with you.

We weren't that bad today.

Well, you might be right and we "dominated" the game but if so, there's a huge issue there in that we still lost to a poor side, created absolutely zip all in 94 minutes....you don't think that's anything to worry about...doing nothing and losing to a team who "struggled" to create anything?

I never said there was nothing to worry about. I just don't get the negative hysteria

Pep hasn't been here 5 minutes and clearly many of our existing players are not fit for purpose. I guess I take the longer term view.

Looked like we went there hoping to come away with a point, like thats the best we could get. Bad passing again. Slow starts. Players looked hungover (mentally).

He's not arsed about learning our game, nor adapting his style for this league. He's prioritising the Chumps League with this team that cant defend and a goalkeeper that couldn't catch a cold.

Hugely unimpressed, to the point my passion for City is being drowned out with disappointment this season.

we spent almost the entire game trying to break them down. Liverpool got a good goal from their point of view and that was it. Zero attacking They played this game entirely differently to how they have played this season. Surely you can see that
they played differently because we kept possession, but regardless of having the possession, we did not attack them, just kept passing, passing and more passing without causing them any problems what so ever, was their back 4 stretched and put under pressure??, was it fuck, we were toothless in attack, surely you can see that??

Not surprise result, we lose at Anfield like always...

We deserved to lose today, didnt test Mignolet, conceded from very first chance. Klopp had a defensive gameplan, they put big pressure on KDB, Yaya, Silva and they all struggled even with their usual passing. Isolating Kun worked as well, he hardly touched the ball in dangerous areas.

These are the games we should be winning to bring back all those points lost at home vs Chelsea from 1-0 up or vs Everton, Soton, Boro..

Vs top six :

United away win
Spurs away loss
Chelsea home loss
Arsenal home win
Pool away loss

we spent almost the entire game trying to break them down. Liverpool got a good goal from their point of view and that was it. Zero attacking They played this game entirely differently to how they have played this season. Surely you can see that

And it worked. They saw how toothless we are and didn't need to attack because we wouldn't have scored had we played for a month. No shots in the last 35 mins was pitiful.

I mean, last two times we played Liverpool in the league we lost by three goals, so this was an improvement...
I'm sure I will be. But we need to do something.

Anyone else think Pep must have something against Nolito? The guy's been one of our best this season.

He has been of the boil of late in fairness. Also he spends most of the game crying like a baby and getting pushed about. We have enough of that with Otamemdi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.