Liverpool - post match thread.

So Chelsea's winning streak is down to luck. If we win it, it would be because of hard work and Pep's genius, but if other teams do, it's down to luck. Amazing really.

Fair enough. I thought Silva was one of our better players today, as he was against Arsenal and Hull, and Aguero has scored more goals in 2016 than any other player in the Premier League.

It's more than a bit disingenuous to put Chelsea's current run of form down to luck. Sometimes you have to be magnanimous and just doff your cap. It's a remarkable run of form.

So Chelsea's winning streak is down to luck. If we win it, it would be because of hard work and Pep's genius, but if other teams do, it's down to luck. Amazing really.
Clue is in your statement (Chelsea's winning streak) if we win it, Chelsea win it or anybody else for that matter win it, it will because they deserved it

Fair enough. I thought Silva was one of our better players today, as he was against Arsenal and Hull, and Aguero has scored more goals in 2016 than any other player in the Premier League.
Every new shirt I get on my birthday has 21 Silva on the back Will shed a few tears when he goes the Aguero goal scoring record put Costa Kane in his place they would have scored similar amount of goals Suarez would have scored more

It's more than a bit disingenuous to put Chelsea's current run of form down to luck. Sometimes you have to be magnanimous and just doff your cap. It's a remarkable run of form.
Yep but you need a bit of luck

Fine margins Ric. Luiz gets an early red card and we are looking at least one point against Chelsea. Either KDB or Aguero takes any of their chances and you are talking 3 points and there were one very decent call for a penalty in the game. We get the three points and you are talking one huge confident boost and a chance for the team to build some momentum. As things turned out they got all 3 despite us being the better side for large periods of the game and they never looked back since. You probably totally disagree but that is one huge slice of luck imo.

Maybe I've had too many beers tonight but I honestly thought the game was a case of two powerful teams cancelling each other out and creating the kind of game nobody truly anticipated beforehand. I doubt any team will go to Anfield this season and allow Liverpool as little as we did in an attacking sense yet we ourselves lacked the spark needed to really get at them. In fairness I think that was down more to their general intensity than our own inadequancies. Frustrating yes, time to write us off altogether? I don't think so.

I think you're writing them off prematurely.

I think we need a revamp Ric like you do and sometimes that means replacing players who have served the club well even when they are playing at a decent standard.

Of course we should only move them on if we are extremely confident that those we bring in to perform some or all of their roles are better equipped to make us more competitive.

Easier said than done I know but part of the reason Fergie was as successful as he was because he knew when to move on his stars often still with a lot of good football left in them but not in his club.

Part of our problem is that many of our players are not equipped with the ability or desire to press hard both on and off the ball to play the way Pep wants us to play.

While still capable of 20 goals a season in the premiership Kun has lost his zip and Silva is being marked out of too many games.

Maybe we need to cash in while they still have some currency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.