Liverpool Post Match

the blue panther said:
Ignoring formation issues and other slagging off everyone has done - we lost - again - to 'worldies' scored against us.
We could just as easily have scored 3 or 4 with a little luck.
Mangala and Aguero looked the business.
Most of the others, and M.P., owe us 'big time' till the end of the season.
And as much as I dislike us losing, at least the points went to a good cause in the sense that it gets the dippers a bit closer to the rags and that 4th spot they all crave.
Let's not forget we lost at klanfield last season, at a far more crucial stage of the season against what was then our direct challenge for the title, we can recover if this team gets sorted, shape and pride need fixing rapido.

Closing down needs improving

Kompany needs to get his confidence

Aguerro needs probably just 1 or 2 games and he is world class again

Aguerro and Dzeko worked well together

Midfield of 3 attacking players and 1 holding isn't good enough, the centre needed more grit

Some of the movement and positional play was the best I see in the premier league and makes me proud to be a city fan.

We had bad luck again, we start every match out of the blocks quickly and just need to get that first goal. Same against Barca.

Other than that, it isn't our year this year but it isn't all doom and gloom some fans have it painted as.

What really grates is the way we amble about. Barcelona under Guardiola were the hardest working team I have seen and possibly the best team ever of the modern era, Messi Iniesta Xavi and co working harder running more and closing teams down , 3 players who truly are world class, yet we have players who think they can opt out of the hard work

u2fme2 said:
you would have thought it was us who played Thursday night.
shocking.

You forget two things:

1. The massive difference in the intensity of the two matches, we were playing one of the best teams in the world, Liverpool were playing Besiktas ffs
2. Secondly Liverpool rested half their team and most of the engine room in Henderson, Coutinho, Markovik, Moreno & Lallana didn't even play, so half their team was fresh

I don't think its any surprise therefore that Liverpool started to get control, as the match wore on.

I did notice that Sky only announced four changes in their introduction to the teams in their coverage but it was clearly 5 changes.

As usual Sky made the most of the fact that Liverpool had the Beisktas game 48 hours earlier but only 5 outfield players had actually played and those were players in the less intense positions in defence and attack - but why let the truth get in the way of a good story hey !?

What really started to annoy me in the second half was that the players seemed eager to just leather it whenever we won the ball, this meant the Liverpool centre backs could win it quite easily off an isolated Aguero. Then when we brought Bony on, an actual target man, we started pissing about with it at the back and could barely get out of our own half.

Pellegrini didn't help by changing the system so many times in the second time, the players couldn't get a rhythm and sure there was one point where Yaya was calling to the bench asking what formation we were playing!

Pringletelli said:
What really started to annoy me in the second half was that the players seemed eager to just leather it whenever we won the ball, this meant the Liverpool centre backs could win it quite easily off an isolated Aguero. Then when we brought Bony on, an actual target man, we started pissing about with it at the back and could barely get out of our own half.

Pellegrini didn't help by changing the system so many times in the second time, the players couldn't get a rhythm and sure there was one point where Yaya was calling to the bench asking what formation we were playing!
Aaah with you mate I was tearing my hair out watching Zabba just make a great tackle on Sterling and launch upfield to Aguero just before their second goal. We were shocking playing 451 can't remeber too many great games apart from Bayern where Aguero upront by himself has worked and when we play two upfront we can't really tell him to drop deep because he wouldn't get to utilise his pace. Maybe we should try 3 at the back we don't play with wingers anyway.

crmcfc said:
East Level 2 said:
aguerooooo said:
You have forgot Shrewsbury FA cup it sort of a given when Halifax rears its ugly head
I hadn't forgotten Shrewsbury, I just didn't want to list every cup cock up as it would take up too much room. And piss poor performances in relation to player cost (far worse than yesterday) are hardly rare in the league over the 45 years I've been watching. For info: Our heaviest defeat over two legs is still 5-1 against Lincoln even though we've played significantly better teams in Europe, and that 4-1 loss at Sincil Bank is amongst the worst performances I've ever seen.

"in view of the cost of the squad" and the importance of the game (a win and another tilt at the title) I'm talking about, cannot see anything mentioned here worse. We never expected a squad assembled for a few hundred thousand to be winning every week did we?
True, but In 1972 we finished 4th just 1 point behind champions Derby and a few months later we lost 2-0 at fourth division Bury in the League Cup. I'm sure the ratio of the player costs was greater than for many league games since the takeover.

In the modern game working hard non stop for 90 mins is more important than it's ever been. Too many lazy cunts we've got in our side who think they're world beaters. This is a side who looked second best vs Besiktas and we got totally owned by them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.