liverpool takeover heats up

They were always going to be a threat for that 4th spot regardless of new investment or not.
Liverpool were never going to be as poor as they were last season, last season was a huge missed opportunity for us.
Us, Liverpool, Spuds and Everton will be doing all we can to get that 4th spot, it's gonna be tough.

Challenger1978 said:
NewbBlue said:
This is a tabloid. Nobody is going to take tabloid trash seriously.

Regardless of who takes over Liverpool, their wealth will only be a fraction of Mansour's.

I hate to burst your bubble mate but according to SSN (probably bullshit) the take over is being backed by the Chinese goverment and they are filthy rich

Their sovereign wealth fund, the China Investment Corporation, has assets of $330 billion. Sheikh Mansour's family's sovereign wealth fund, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, has around $1 trillion.

That is the absolute best-case scenario for them, the CIC, which is absolutely unverified at this point.

The ADIA is the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world.

NewbBlue said:
Challenger1978 said:
I hate to burst your bubble mate but according to SSN (probably bullshit) the take over is being backed by the Chinese goverment and they are filthy rich
I'll be the one doing the bubble bursting.

Their sovereign wealth fund, the China Investment Corporation, has assets of $330 billion. Sheikh Mansour's family's sovereign wealth fund, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, has around $1 trillion.

That is the absolute best-case scenario for them, the CIC, which is absolutely unverified at this point.

The ADIA is the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world.

Argue as much as you want about symantics but if its true that the Chinese goveremnt are involved and they back Liverpool. The scousers will have won the lottery just like we did.

Regardless of who's wealth fund is the biggest, you can be sure that these chinese business men are not fools, and you can be sure that they have no desire to own a mid-table side.

Bring it on I say, we should want to be good enough to compete at the top against all comers.

Challenger1978 said:
Argue as much as you want about symantics but if its true that the Chinese goveremnt are involved and they back Liverpool. The scousers will have won the lottery just like we did.
Right, that's if their sovereign wealth fund in involved. This Kenny Huang isn't necessarily even connected to the CIC. This article best sums up what we know of Kenny Huang, which also details some of the other nonsense floating around about Huang:
A source who knows Huang well said: “Kenny is good at making deals, as in facilitating deals for other people. He would certainly be capable of bringing people together. But Kenny is also very, very good at promoting Kenny.”
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/08/02/liverpool%E2%80%99s-chinese-suitor-kenny-huang-%E2%80%98doesn%E2%80%99t-have-the-money-or-route%E2%80%99-to-buy-the-club-himself-020806/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... lf-020806/</a>

Takeover or not, I fully expect Liverpool to be challenging, ourselves, Spurs, Arsenal, maybe Everton, for fourth. I happen to believe we'll finnish above Arsenal, and be a few points clear of the fourth place tussle.

Challenger1978 said:
NewbBlue said:
This is a tabloid. Nobody is going to take tabloid trash seriously.

Regardless of who takes over Liverpool, their wealth will only be a fraction of Mansour's.

They are in it to make money and nowt else..mmmmm

Liverpool and big money is a worrying thought, they would be able to attract players that we can't.

Funnily enough, the media seems to be all in favour of this fantastic development for English football. Strangely, I haven't heard the words "human rights", "Tibet" or "Tiananmen square" once.

China- salt of the earth. Not like that democratically elected murderer of drug-dealers eh ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.