liverpool takeover heats up

No point in all this speculation. It doesn't matter how much money unless they're really willing to throw it at the club. Look at QPR, they have a shit load but still an average second flight side. If they are willing to throw it at the club, they will be big competition for us (in the long-term, not just this season) but if they're not, this might just be lukewarm news. Better than the current situation obviously but not a long-term threat. It could be that they're aiming to run the club at a level of self-sufficiency like Spurs or with just a bit of investment like Villa. Any talks of transfer spending sprees and new stadiums are very premature at this stage.

Liverpool about to ruin football,now that's not a headline we are going to hear is it.
I can see the usual double standard press loving the potential takeover,how would they put it? Liverpool will be back where they belong.

We have all the money in the world and we can't string 3 passes together. Since the early days of Sven we've played shovking football. So we deserve nothing more than fighting for 4th. How people think we do is beyond me. I hope we start to play better football and really challenge but there is no evidence of that yet. Mores the pity.

So let Liverpool get their millions. At least it'll make for more interesting competition. Even though I was let down by our football and results last season, it was a great competitive league. The best I can remember in a long while. Liverpool struggling was fantastic entertainment. Maybe this year it can be United or Arsenal.

Everyone in the thread is talking about 'challenging for fourth'. Everyone within City are talking about challenging for the title.

TBH, this season should be one where, if we 'fail', we have the backdrop of CL football next season. I don't think its unfair to expect us to start delivering this season.

TonyM said:
We have all the money in the world and we can't string 3 passes together. Since the early days of Sven we've played shovking football. So we deserve nothing more than fighting for 4th. How people think we do is beyond me. I hope we start to play better football and really challenge but there is no evidence of that yet. Mores the pity.

I have say I agree with this. We are still unbelievably bad considering how much money we have spent. Embarrassingly bad actually. Hopefully it will all come together shortly. Been saying that for a while...

Chippy_boy said:
TonyM said:

I have say I agree with this. We are still unbelievably bad considering how much money we have spent. Embarrassingly bad actually. Hopefully it will all come together shortly. Been saying that for a while...

Yeah your both right, i was horribly embarrased by 5th last year!!!!

And unless im mistaken pre season friendlies mean everything so i might have to watch us get relegated.

IF the dippers get taken over and IF they start spending on a scale like us and Chelsea the only club that should worry the most are the rags

they aint out of the shite yet, said on SSN that hicks has sold his MLB team that he fucked up and only 47 million dollars went to the creditors leaving another 250 million dollars still owing and the american courts have said they could go after his other assets ie dipperpool. could still be an interesting few weeks coming up.

Hopefully monsters like Hicks and Gillett will never ever touch english football again.

Twats.

People need to remember we were a one off, what's happening at our club wont happen everytime a club is taken over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.