Liverpool takeover

hbruz80 said:
Three things you need to understand:

(1) the Al-Nahyans are not the only royal family in the gulf

(2) City was bought for the benefit of Abu Dhabi not just for the benefit of the Bani Fatima

(2) The Saudis for example would not think twice about challenging Abu Dhabi over football (or anything else for that matter)

cheers mate, so you know the Saudis well do you?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
hbruz80 said:
Three things you need to understand:

(1) the Al-Nahyans are not the only royal family in the gulf

(2) City was bought for the benefit of Abu Dhabi not just for the benefit of the Bani Fatima

(3) The Saudis for example would not think twice about challenging Abu Dhabi over football (or anything else for that matter)

Yes, in a manner of speaking, but that is not the point. You could replace Saudi's for Al-Thani's of Qatar (although they seem rather busy buying up London!). Another point about the Saudi Royal Family is that they are not a small united group of a couple of dozen princes, they have many factions and there are (and I am not exaggerating) thousands of Saudi Princes, many of whom would have a spare billion or two burning a whole in their pocket. I am not stating that a takeover will happen much less that it is imminent (but pre-credit crisis an awful lot of gulf royalty were showing an interest in snapping up premier league clubs).

hbruz80 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yes, in a manner of speaking, but that is not the point. You could replace Saudi's for Al-Thani's of Qatar (although they seem rather busy buying up London!). Another point about the Saudi Royal Family is that they are not a small united group of a couple of dozen princes, they have many factions and there are (and I am not exaggerating) thousands of Saudi Princes, many of whom would have a spare billion or two burning a whole in their pocket. I am not stating that a takeover will happen much less that it is imminent (but pre-credit crisis an awful lot of gulf royalty were showing an interest in snapping up premier league clubs).

I'm not saying your wrong mate but the OP stated the the takeover consortium were from Abu Dhabi

Gosford Blue said:
Just heard from a diehard Liverpool fan who has connections within the club that they are being taken over by a Arab consortium based in Abu Dhabi.

It will be announced around the 15th July. They have been sold for 560 million pounds which makes them the richest club in Prem and I presume the world.
If this is true and I have no reason to doubt it. He apparently predicted Benitez move to Italy two weeks before the announcement.

This takeover will take the heat out away from City and put back onto Liverpool which will be good.

Although you can bet your life that they won't get the same amount of criticism from the press that City did.
No offence, but your mate is talking out of his arse.

Dubai Blue said:
Gosford Blue said:
Just heard from a diehard Liverpool fan who has connections within the club that they are being taken over by a Arab consortium based in Abu Dhabi.

It will be announced around the 15th July. They have been sold for 560 million pounds which makes them the richest club in Prem and I presume the world.
If this is true and I have no reason to doubt it. He apparently predicted Benitez move to Italy two weeks before the announcement.

This takeover will take the heat out away from City and put back onto Liverpool which will be good.

Although you can bet your life that they won't get the same amount of criticism from the press that City did.
No offence, but your mate is talking out of his arse.

i hope your mate isnt that twat off KOPTalk cause apparently the bi8dder is the President of Abu Dhabi and half brother of our owner. So we are supposed to believe that the president of Abu Dhabi is to go up against his half brother and owner of the team that repesents Abu Dhabi (Man Citeh) in a bidding war for players and competition for the same honors.

Sorry mate but your friend is full of shit and this has been flying around Koptalk for the past month, absolutley no foundation for the rumours.

If some consortium outside Abu Dhabi are thinking about it then maybe but they would be fools to go up against our owners, as they just bailed Dhubai out for 20 billion 6 months ago so they wont be outbid for anyone.

"The Kop" is named after a battle in the Boer War called Spion Kop

True Fact - Free to all you lot

Use it wisely

There was a story on here that someone had put in the Its Quiet thread on the transfer forum a couple of weeks back from Koptalk that said something along these lines. Don't believe it myself but could be from where the OPs mate got the information

Oh and think my choc lab knew Benetiz was on his way out... hardly a shocking relevation that one

PaulPowerShower said:
"The Kop" is named after a battle in the Boer War called Spion Kop

True Fact - Free to all you lot

Use it wisely

Tecnically speaking Spion Kop is the name of a hill where a battle took place... ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.