Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool wont win League unless UEFA change finance rules

"you made your bed" springs to mind

stick it!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Liverpool fans claim we "took" their top 4 spot. The funny thing is that we actually finished fifth the first season they were out of the top 4.
A Liverpool fan at work was trying to garner some sympathy for their "plight" as they were now only able to finish in 6th or 7th and weren't always in Europe. A withering look and a brief mention of league games against Wycombe Wanderers, Macclesfield Town, Lincoln City and Wrexham swiftly followed. They have no idea what it is to actually see your side struggle.

The article shows a complete lack of knowledge of Liverpools finances. Since they dropped out of the top 4 their income stream hasn't dipped dramatically. The Welsh, Irish, Scandanavians and all the other followers are still buying the merchandise and the sponsorships are still lucrative. Liverpools plight is of their own making based on having owners who, like the Glazers, were more interested in lining their own pockets than ploughing the profits back into the club. The new owners have taken a pragmatic approach, prefering to let them stay outside the top 4 whilst they re-build slowly. The fact that City's new found wealth coincided with Liverpools demise is pure chance.

Matty said:
Remember when the top 4 were, almost invariably, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool?

Yep, me too.

Remember when there were universal calls for a fairer distribution of the wealth to allow the likes of Everton, Tottenham, Villa etc to compete?

Nope, me neither.

It's just hard shit Liverpool, you, like many teams before you, City included, went through a period of poor management and boardroom decisions, and now you're suffering for it. At least you're still a regular top half side, some of us weren't that lucky.
Agree with you. To Liverpool I just say - deal with it..

Maybe if they didn't spend £35mil on shit like Andy Carroll they would actually have a chance of competing in the league?

liverpool voted to change the finance rules with the other premier league teams.

Matty said:
Remember when the top 4 were, almost invariably, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool?

Yep, me too.

Remember when there were universal calls for a fairer distribution of the wealth to allow the likes of Everton, Tottenham, Villa etc to compete?

Nope, me neither.

It's just hard shit Liverpool, you, like many teams before you, City included, went through a period of poor management and boardroom decisions, and now you're suffering for it. At least you're still a regular top half side, some of us weren't that lucky.
they made a bit of a mess with their finances.but due to their history and undoubted class if uefa were to give them 4 points for a win,3 for a draw and 1 for a loss,im sure everyone would agree this would be fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.