Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool wont win League unless UEFA change finance rules

chedinho said:
Matty said:
Remember when the top 4 were, almost invariably, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool?

Yep, me too.

Remember when there were universal calls for a fairer distribution of the wealth to allow the likes of Everton, Tottenham, Villa etc to compete?

Nope, me neither.

It's just hard shit Liverpool, you, like many teams before you, City included, went through a period of poor management and boardroom decisions, and now you're suffering for it. At least you're still a regular top half side, some of us weren't that lucky.
they made a bit of a mess with their finances.but due to their history and undoubted class if uefa were to give them 4 points for a win,3 for a draw and 1 for a loss,im sure everyone would agree this would be fair.
it might get them into the Europa

Seems like winner of Europa might get CL place. Whatever it takes eh.

Liverpool is another Leeds United just a lot slower and more painful but they are gone, they may well have a bit of a resurgence and claim a cup but they'll never eat at the top table again.

woolleyback blue said:
The article shows a complete lack of knowledge of Liverpools finances. Since they dropped out of the top 4 their income stream hasn't dipped dramatically. The Welsh, Irish, Scandanavians and all the other followers are still buying the merchandise and the sponsorships are still lucrative. Liverpools plight is of their own making based on having owners who, like the Glazers, were more interested in lining their own pockets than ploughing the profits back into the club. The new owners have taken a pragmatic approach, prefering to let them stay outside the top 4 whilst they re-build slowly. The fact that City's new found wealth coincided with Liverpools demise is pure chance.

Good post.

Brendan Rodgers and his wife have just been into my wife's accessory shop in Southport. Ha ha.

To be fair, he seems like a top bloke. Quite a few dippers asking for autographs and photos with him and he obliged very enthusiastically. Fair play.

blink922 said:
Vienna_70 said:
THFC6061 said:
Today is the 21st annual Liverpool can't mathematically win the Premier League Day.

Perhaps next year?

I can remember that thick Scouse twat, Mickey Quinn, claiming THE SEASON BEFORE LAST that LOLerpool were going to be in contention for the title.

But last year was their... this year is their..... next year is their year. You just wait, you just wait.
Robbie Savage was saying on 'The Final Score' on last day of the season that Liverpoll will be top 4 next season. Fairly sure he didn't say in contention for title but maybe I wasn't listening properly.
I can see that they could be able to fight for fourth if they get plenty of investment, but don't see it happening. I think they'll stay behind Arsenal and Spurs. Who know's what'll happen to Everton (but I think I can guess!).

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Brendan Rodgers and his wife have just been into my wife's accessory shop in Southport. Ha ha.

To be fair, he seems like a top bloke. Quite a few dippers asking for autographs and photos with him and he obliged very enthusiastically. Fair play.
Buying an envelope opener?

more lazy than useless said:
blink922 said:
Vienna_70 said:
I can remember that thick Scouse twat, Mickey Quinn, claiming THE SEASON BEFORE LAST that LOLerpool were going to be in contention for the title.

But last year was their... this year is their..... next year is their year. You just wait, you just wait.
Robbie Savage was saying on 'The Final Score' on last day of the season that Liverpoll will be top 4 next season. Fairly sure he didn't say in contention for title but maybe I wasn't listening properly.
I can see that they could be able to fight for fourth if they get plenty of investment, but don't see it happening. I think they'll stay behind Arsenal and Spurs. Who know's what'll happen to Everton (but I think I can guess!).

Here's another gem:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22663019

Raheem Sterling says Liverpool will mount a serious challenge for a top four finish next season.
The 18-year-old, who missed much of the second half of the 2012-13 season with a thigh injury, believes the arrivals of Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge will make the difference.
"We can definitely be in the top four," Sterling told BBC Sport.
"We finished the season strongly, so hopefully we can start the new one that way and push for a good position."
Sterling says the influence of manager Brendan Rodgers is beginning to tell on the squad and that the side will improve as he begins his second season in charge.
Liverpool finished their first season under Rodgers seventh in the Premier League table, 12 points off a Champions League spot
"The two signings we brought into the club in January - Coutinho and Sturridge - really kicked the team on," added Sterling.
"I am really looking forward to getting a chance to play with them and have a good season for the team. I really feel we have a strong chance to be in the top four.
"You have to remember this was the manager's first season in charge.
"But you can see the difference he has made, even though we haven't finished in the top four.
"You can see the kind of thing he will do next season."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.