Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Henry added: "Spending is not merely about buying talent. Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH. So he acknowledges that they are mid table material

I don't see how Liverpool can go on and have a good season this year.

There are so little goals in their team. Suarez, as it's been noticed - finally, isn't a goalscorer. Great player but not a ruthless finisher. I've been impressed with Sterling, has looked brilliant so far, but how many goals will he score? Not many. Borini, for £10 million, looks like a massive flop. Not much about his game at all. Downing looks to be allergic to scoring a goal for Liverpool. That's all they've got in terms of forwards... oh dear.

Then, in midfield, Gerrard will get a few but nowhere near as many as he used to. Would be surprised if he reaches 7 league goals. Allen and Sahin won't score many - it's not their game.

No striker on the bench either. Strange.

Defensively I think they'll be ok, if Reina regains form. The 2 centre backs are very good, I like them a lot. Honestly, I'd be a little bit surprised if Liverpool finished top 8 this season.

2yvni9j.gif
1zfiv6p.jpg
sorry but thats the closest to vigil I could get :)

halfcenturyup said:
"We will build and grow from within, buy prudently and cleverly

Fergie will be furious.

Anyone heard of this Prudently kid?

KD's absolutely horrific waste of money on shit players leaves them in a position that they might never recover from. They had the torres money and some that FSG were willing to invest and KD completely blew it. Now they've shot their fat and they're fucked. They have high expectations and a decent team but they need investment if they're going to break into the top four and get anywhere and this letter seems to say that the investment needed will not be coming. I think they could have been in with a good shout at top four had they signed Dempsey and Sturridge, yet after 3 games it already looks like they haven't got a prayer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.