Liverpool Thread 2012/13

44% said:
I think FSG are better that H&G for that matter , it's not like we are not spending money , we spent £120m last summer and despite not being in champions league spent £27m this summer , not at all bad for a club not in champions league for three years

It's just that we overpayed by around £60m last summer , so it was always going to bite us in our asses this time

And i don't believe buying dempsey would have affected our medium-long term future in any way , in short term till january? Yes , but we will but player's in january

-- Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:22 pm --

Red sox did a very , very good job getting contracts worth $270m off their wage bills , those players except maybe gonzales where not the same or worth that money now , this gives red sox a platform , to invest again , they can now atleast flex their arms again , those player's were not performing anyway , it meant a huge loss in next 5-7 years , a good deal from red sox i think

So if FSG decided to move on your biggest earner, Steven Gerrard, how would you feel?

Matty said:
44% said:
I think FSG are better that H&G for that matter , it's not like we are not spending money , we spent £120m last summer and despite not being in champions league spent £27m this summer , not at all bad for a club not in champions league for three years

It's just that we overpayed by around £60m last summer , so it was always going to bite us in our asses this time

And i don't believe buying dempsey would have affected our medium-long term future in any way , in short term till january? Yes , but we will but player's in january
It's not just overspending. People have accused City of overspending, and in some instances they are certainly correct to do so, but at least we've overspent on players who ultimately (although there are some exceptions) are of a sufficiently high enough calibre to move the club forwards. Liverpool spent big (or relatively big) on Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson, Louis Suarez, Stuart Downing, Jose Enrique, Fabio Borini and Joe Allen. Of those, 4 have proven to be too much money, and have fallen well below expectations (Carroll, Adam, Henderson and Downing), 2 are as yet unproven in terms of value for money (Allen looks like he might be worth the cash but I'll eat my own faeces if Borini isn't a failure at £10m) and 2 have been successful to a degree (Enrique looks good enough, if not spectacular, Suarez is an excellent player but simply isn't a natural goalscorer and won't get Liverpool the goals they need, it's just not in his makeup). Dalglish, as much as Liverpudlians adore him, really screwed Liverpool by spending a massive chunk of their available funds and leaving the squad packed out with mediocrity.

yeah , but my point was FSG aren't to be blamed for that , they didn't know shit about football , they basically wrote check in hope that people they appointed would be right , but they weren't , they have rectified the mistake , if they really wanted to keep the fans happy and all , kenny would have not been sacked

Conparing FSG to glazer's is ridiculous in my opinion , both have very different opinion to run a club

We all know kenny and cammoli hurt us badly last year

44% said:

Red sox did a very , very good job getting contracts worth $270m off their wage bills , those players except maybe gonzales where not the same or worth that money now , this gives red sox a platform , to invest again , they can now atleast flex their arms again , those player's were not performing anyway , it meant a huge loss in next 5-7 years , a good deal from red sox i think

44, we can't compare MLB, with Football. Its a closed shop over there, no relgation, they also play in the same division with Yankees, the rivalry is legendary and lucrative, plus its the only real league there's is and money is pooled and distributed, simply to keep franchises going

The Pink Panther said:
44% said:

So if FSG decided to move on your biggest earner, Steven Gerrard, how would you feel?

He's not a big earner and no , that decision will be taken by rodgers , not FSG , he deserves to be benched anyway

VOOMER said:
44% said:

I'm not writing to be flippant, but G&H really backed Rafa and but for a couple of dickrisculas performances, you would have 19 titles and would still be top 4. the rug was pulled on them and Henry & Co, were gifted the club in a dubious, dodgy handshake deal by the arsehole of all banks Barclay's. I hate what Henry's crew stand for and the Glaziers, we must thank are luck stars that we got an owner, who's knows that a world class club brings immeasurable prestige, not immeasurable profit!

fucking hell get it sorted lad. clearly know shite about what actually happened. i'm not the biggest FSG fan but G&H were a cancer to the club, might not even be here without them. no exaggeration.

G&H never , ever supported rafa , that's the basic fact you should know about them

ohonefiveone said:
VOOMER said:
44% said:

I'm not writing to be flippant, but G&H really backed Rafa and but for a couple of dickrisculas performances, you would have 19 titles and would still be top 4. the rug was pulled on them and Henry & Co, were gifted the club in a dubious, dodgy handshake deal by the arsehole of all banks Barclay's. I hate what Henry's crew stand for and the Glaziers, we must thank are luck stars that we got an owner, who's knows that a world class club brings immeasurable prestige, not immeasurable profit!

fucking hell get it sorted lad. clearly know shite about what actually happened. i'm not the biggest FSG fan but G&H were a cancer to the club, might not even be here without them. no exaggeration.

shame they didn't get to stay.

Liverpool under FSG have spent a lot, but it's mainly been financed by player sales. Babel, Torres, Meireles, Ngog, Aquilani, Adam theres £75m right there.

Basically they've spent not much more (if any) to what Hicks & Gillett spent.

44% said:
The Pink Panther said:
44% said:

He's not a big earner and no , that decision will be taken by rodgers , not FSG , he deserves to be benched anyway

You honestly don't think Gerrard is your biggest earner!
Who is then and what's your estimate of what your biggest earner is on and how much Gerrard is?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.