Liverpool Thread 2012/13

BlueTG said:
waspish said:
44% said:
We sold alonso , mascherano etc. As well to raise the money , it's net spend that matters , we usually spent £36m gross and recouped £20m through sales which was not idle at all

So Benitez never spent 230m
Mascherano was sold under Hodgson.

Discussion was regarding owners , it was regarding H&G not any particular manager

44% said:
waspish said:
44% said:
We sold alonso , mascherano etc. As well to raise the money , it's net spend that matters , we usually spent £36m gross and recouped £20m through sales which was not idle at all

it was like you have to spend a net sum of £20m , now we can spend £70m if we like but then we have to sell our good players bcz owners wouldn't release that kind of money without sales , now we bought barry for £20m+ , but we fucking sold alonso for £30m , it will look like we spent £20m+ on a player but in truth we sold our best player as well

Are you a Politician? ;)

waspish said:
44% said:
waspish said:

it was like you have to spend a net sum of £20m , now we can spend £70m if we like but then we have to sell our good players bcz owners wouldn't release that kind of money without sales , now we bought barry for £20m+ , but we fucking sold alonso for £30m , it will look like we spent £20m+ on a player but in truth we sold our best player as well

Are you a Politician? ;)

WTF!!

superseiyan said:
The Pink Panther said:
So that's four or five years minimum of mid table mediocrity JW's just committed LFC to

We NEED to stick with SOMEBODY for a change. This ctrl-alt-delete thing every year is not going to work.

I'm not as sour on our owners as other LFC fans. They did give King Kenny (bless him) a lot of money. They are not rich like your owners--and even your owners aren't just spending indefinitely no questions asked (that's a stereotype that has taken hold that's not accurate).

We have no god given right to be anywhere because we are Liverpool. We certainly should want to win and to be among the top clubs in the world, but at this point in time, building our financial base to a solid footing, and maintaining progress in a positive direction is what is important.

I'd like to see our scouts/BR get some gems in the market. I'd like to see if 3-4 of the kids can emulate Sterling and at least make the bench.

Wouldn't every club
What a sensible post, which is very unLiverpool like, but the issue you have is that you're now off the Champions League train and the four of us are £50m ahead of you every season
Very few players have any loyalty and the top ones want big money and Champions League football. The fact is, if you have little success your better players will want to leave. Even Arsenal who have competed in the CL since its inception and play in a fantastic 70,000 seat stadium in "fashionable" London can't hold on to their best players

44% said:
waspish said:
44% said:

Are you a Politician? ;)

WTF!!

I said Benitez got backed with 230m that is a fact but you keep bringing net spend into the argument you want admit he got backed by that much as in your going around the houses in denial of what Benitez has "SPENT" not how much he got back by selling players

A Journalist from the Express asked Brendan Rodgers earlier in the week - "With all the comings and goings over the summer Brendan, how far do you think you are away from a decent side" ?

Rodgers replied about half a mile away if you cut through Stanley Park.

waspish said:
44% said:
waspish said:
Are you a Politician? ;)

WTF!!

I said Benitez got backed with 230m that is a fact but you keep bringing net spend into the argument you want admit he got backed by that much as in your going around the houses in denial of what Benitez has "SPENT" not how much he got back by selling players

Ok , i accept he spent the money , i was not in 'denial mode' anyway :)
but i always look at net spend as it gives a better picture for me overall , maybe we just have different ideas how to look at it .

44% said:
waspish said:
44% said:

Ok , i accept he spent the money , i was not in 'denial mode' anyway :)
but i always look at net spend as it gives a better picture for me overall , maybe we just have different ideas how to look at it .

So if Benitez pretty much balanced the books in transfers, where did all your Champions league money go?

I don't understand liverpool fans getting on their owners. They should admit to the fact Kenny Dalglish(and Comoli)'s transfer dealings set the club back a few years in their quest to restore their former glory.
Rogers who has a good eye for talent quckly realized that Henderson, Downing, Carroll and Adam do not have the talent required to either win the league or make the top 4. These are players that cost Liverpool over 100 million pounds(transfer fees and 1-year wages)!! What do the fans want? they want the owners to fork another 100 million while ignoring the mistakes they made with Dalglish??
And stop goin on about Carroll's performance against West Ham. West Ham plays mid-table football at best and I dont think liverpool wants to stay mid-table. And Carroll's performance was average at best. Do not let the media fool you.

waspish said:
44% said:
waspish said:
Are you a Politician? ;)

WTF!!

Also £230 million is what I would call backing from G&H.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.