Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

Barcon said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
They get Rodgers in, i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to draught in Carragher to work aside with him.

As an interpreter?
big_rofl.gif

Let it never be forgotten although we , rags and others can meltdown.
Non of us can even touch rawk for sheer bollocks.

On the new season, expectations...

"I wrote an optimistic 1st post in the excitement thread, but I will re-iterate here..

..Liverpool will win the Premier League and at least a semi-final place in the FA Cup."

Rodgers could be the next big thing but my reading of his appointment is that the owners are trying to bring down the fans expectations of what the club can realistically achieve.

I think he's going to do an `arry' he's going to have them play for the fun of playing. great pick in my opinion....we'll see

A huge gamble by Liverpool. Rodgers took up the mantle at Swansea where they were already playing the style of football he is suppoesdly famous for. Roberto Martinez instilled that into Swansea when he was manager there. I certainly don't recall Rodgers' Watford and Reading teams playing in such a manner.

As Prestwich Blue pointed out, Jewell had an even better season as Wigan manager in their first top flight season. The following year they stayed up on the last day of the season. I can see something very similar happening to Swansea, and that was whether Rodgers stayed or not.

Liverpool, whether they'll admit it or not, are a higher mid-table club. They have a few good players and plenty of mediocre to crap players. Good luck to Rodgers. I think he'll need it.

Gone within a year.

An incredibly overrated coach, whose main achievement was carrying on the work that Martinez started. Tacticly lacking at times and unable to change a game. Why FSG thinks someone like Gerrard or Suarez is going to want to play for him, I have no idea.

Mark my words, this is a huge mistake for both parties.

Damocles said:
Gone within a year.

An incredibly overrated coach, whose main achievement was carrying on the work that Martinez started. Tacticly lacking at times and unable to change a game. Why FSG thinks someone like Gerrard or Suarez is going to want to play for him, I have no idea.

Mark my words, this is a huge mistake for both parties.

Fully agree with this, especially if they bring in a Director of Football to oversee potential transfers, such as Van Gall, who will probably end up taking the mantel off Rodgers as soon as they realise he ain't up to it. Stormy waters ahead.

I like Rodgers and wish him the best, however. If I am honest, they've got the wrong man.

He struggled at Watford - Sacked by Reading where he failed miserably.

he did well at Swansea where all the hard work has been done, inherited a team plays the best footballing in the Championship side, a team was built by Martinez (and Sousa to some extend ) having unique style of footballing assembled and designed by Martinez own visions, YET, pundits seemingly fail to realise all Martinez work, giving Rodgers all the credit.. Meh

He's good friends with Mourinho, surely Swansea style of footballing's different to Mourinho / Rodgers! yes?... Totally

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.