Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

Not bringing in a director fo football now so Rodgers will have complete control over who comes in. I thought that is why Martinez didn't go there?

Who could we palm off on them?

117 M34 said:
Not bringing in a director fo football now so Rodgers will have complete control over who comes in. I thought that is why Martinez didn't go there?

I can see Adam Johnson going there.

I can't see Rodgers lasting there, I think I director of football would be a good idea

Blue Hefner said:
117 M34 said:

I can see Adam Johnson going there.

I can't see Rodgers lasting there, I think I director of football would be a good idea

So I can, for some reason I always think AJ will end up at liverpool and I think fair play to him if he wants to leave I can't recall him ever complaining.

I think Liverpool under Rodgers will be like Liverpool under Hodgeson and Dalglish, an expectation of greatness and the cold hard reality that Liverpool is not a top club anymore.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Martinez turned them down for some reason and is waiting for a chance at the Spurs job when 'Arry finally goes. Could be wrong I spose....usually am

The day Swansea beat us 1-0, every radio station and newspaper told the world about the genius of Rodgers as a coaching icon; how he had out-thought and out-fought "moneybags" Manchester City.

Everyone on here seemed to be talking about Rodgers as if he was the next Barca manager in waiting!

I was there that day at Swansea. I posted the following day on here that Swansea would do very well to avoid relegation next seasoin and that Rodgers would be found out... just as those other coaching geniuses like George Burley (one season wonder), Steve Coppell (next England manager if I remember at the time...) and Martin O'Neill.

Rodgers won't see the following season as Liverpool manager. He will, at best, get the scousers to replicate this season just gone. I was so pleased when they appointed him, 'cos that takes another rival out of the picture.

<a class="postlink" href="http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4upwyhbpk1qd4720o1_1280.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4upw ... 1_1280.png</a>

The only chance Liverpool had of competing from the word go was if they appointed Louis Van Gaal as Technical Director which stopped Brendan Rodgers from taking the job first off. The test now is that if has very good contacts in the game.

carlos92 said:
The only chance Liverpool had of competing from the word go was if they appointed Louis Van Gaal as Technical Director which stopped Brendan Rodgers from taking the job first off. The test now is that if has very good contacts in the game.

yep. van gaal would have a lot of pulling power and make liverpool more appealing to top players

If it all goes tits up with Rodgers at the helm, and I tend to side with most on here who thinks it will, the Yanks are going to get seriously pissed off and could well decide to cut and run. They have, so far, shown a woeful knowledge of everything football, dropped serious PR bollocks throughout their tenure and displayed an almost childlike naievety in their all comers lottery search for a manager.
I can't see Brendan being given much more than a token few million, as King Kenneth has already done the drunken sailor act, so prepare for more power skriking and sobbing from the dippers.

Ancient Citizen said:
If it all goes tits up with Rodgers at the helm, and I tend to side with most on here who thinks it will, the Yanks are going to get seriously pissed off and could well decide to cut and run. They have, so far, shown a woeful knowledge of everything football, dropped serious PR bollocks throughout their tenure and displayed an almost childlike naievety in their all comers lottery search for a manager.
I can't see Brendan being given much more than a token few million, as King Kenneth has already done the drunken sailor act, so prepare for more power skriking and sobbing from the dippers.

The rumour if you believe the Mirror is 35 million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.