Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

bluevengence said:
Kun Aguero said:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294165.0

OMG....

RAWK Statement on Brendan Rodgers, new Liverpool Manager.
« on: Today at 04:59:27 PM »

Brendan Rodgers is the new manager of Liverpool.
We at RAWK have always firmly believed that one of the strengths of being a Liverpool supporter is that we support the manager.*
We welcome him to our club and sincerely hope** he understands the culture and history and requirements*** of one being manager at Liverpool Football Club

*Uncle Woy not withstanding, obviously.
** You may think this a threat Brendan, but we couldn't possibly comment.
*** So long as you can hold a candle, whine and moan, you'll do fine Brendan.

I think the appointment has got potential, but it could be similar to the AVB case where it was too much too soon for him. They need to have a good summer of transfers to stand a decent chance of making the top 4

I think they will struggle next season. Rodgers is unproven. He has had one half decent season. Sacked from Reading not long ago. Never won anything. Can't see him getting them anywhere near top 4.

He has achieved less than Fat Sam IMO.

It wil be interesting but it's a huge risk. Plenty of examples of teams that come up from the Championship, have a good season and their manager is lauded then next season they fade into obscurity. Wigan under Paul Jewell did what Swansea did in their first season but could never repeat that. And where is Jewell now? At Ipswich in the lower reaches of the Championship. Keegan was another when he took us up.

Plus so many managers perform miracles with a smaller club but can't do it on a bigger stage.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I think the appointment has got potential, but it could be similar to the AVB case where it was too much too soon for him. They need to have a good summer of transfers to stand a decent chance of making the top 4
Bloody hell, you beat me to it.... ;o)

I think he's good but not ready, I wish him the very best, but, I just have a feeling he will do an AVB.

Brendan is a good friends with Mourinho who is is a good friends with AVB.

Yep, all linked up and I could be right, Brendan may do an AVB.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It wil be interesting but it's a huge risk. Plenty of examples of teams that come up from the Championship, have a good season and their manager is lauded then next season they fade into obscurity. Wigan under Paul Jewell did what Swansea did in their first season but could never repeat that. And where is Jewell now? At Ipswich in the lower reaches of the Championship. Keegan was another when he took us up.

Plus so many managers perform miracles with a smaller club but can't do it on a bigger stage.

my view really, i just can't see it going well for some reason although i like rogers, he seems an intelligent bloke and he may get it going there but i just don't think he's ready.

ban-mcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

my view really, i just can't see it going well for some reason although i like rogers, he seems an intelligent bloke and he may get it going there but i just don't think he's ready.

Yep this has Tits-up written all over it.

from the peoples republic of RAWK - fuck me i wish him luck !!!!!

Brendan Rodgers is the new manager of Liverpool.
We at RAWK have always firmly believed that one of the strengths of being a Liverpool supporter is that we support the manager. We welcome him to our club and sincerely hope he understands the culture and history and requirements of one being manager at Liverpool Football Club, one of the major jobs in the world of football.

There may be some fans on here who did not wish for his appointment, perhaps preferring any number of other candidates. Let us make one thing clear: We support our manager. Full stop. If any of you are unable to do that, you will find yourselves looking for another fansite to post on. Liverpool supporters are meant to do things the right way and make no mistake, we will remove persistent whingers, moaners, nostalgists and petty posters from this site without a second thought.

Welcome Brendan, you've a bloody big pair of boots to fill. Good luck and welcome and all the best from us at RAWK

Rogers will fit in fine with the scousers, in fact here's a picture
of him just about to look in the dustbin for something to eat.

dustybinvo5.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.