Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

As a liverpool fan , this news is bit disheartning , we all know what a new stadium means to us , hicks and gillet promised us one and failed to keep the promise and ther paid for it , this was a huge factor in their departure

When FSG arrived , we were happy enough to be out of hands of those yanks , even it meant new yanks but we trusted FSG , mainly due to their reputation with boston red sox

However , on stadium issue , FSG never said , even once guranteed a new stadium , they only said they will find a solution considering both options of expansion and a new build and last 18 months was all about it

What they said was , a new stadium will cost us 300m considering we build a 60k one with future expansions possible , but it also means that we are paying 300m for a extra 15k seats (anfield has 45k capacity) which is unfeasible without a new naming rights partner , FSG have said , once we find a partner with a considerable offer (150m+) we will build a new stadium without a doubt , and names were aired , like air china and riyadh air/bank , but it was all only in media

However , As a fan , i think the best option would have been a new stadium with a capacity of around 70-75k , which is 10-15k more than what a redeveloped anfield will give us , redevelopement will be a tough task as anfield is very poorly placed with all stands having houses behind them which makes redevelopement very tough , moreover there are traffic issues around it as well which limits its ability to be redeveloped , and while it will be redeveloped , anfield will work at a reduced capacity which inturn will affect our matchday income even more , also , there wont be many corporate boxes which gives a major portion of income
Some say we may not fill a 75k stadium which i find amusing , we officially have around 30k season ticket holder with 30k+(a guy on our forum is at 32k) Waiting list , this sums upto 60k alone (all this data is not false , you can search is elsewhere)

So point is why redevelop anfield which once redeveloped cant be further expansed and only serves the purpose for next 10 year?
we can have a new 75k stadium which we can fill with 55-60k st holder (as explained above) and few more modern corporate boxes + normal seats

It seems more common sense in bulding a new stadium But what john henry was saying that what we thing was not so , he says with a new stadium , we wont earn like 3m a matchday arsenal earns , which is due to the fact that liverpool cant charge its fans what arsenal charge (which is ridiculously high) liverpool is rather poorer city than london and we cant sell season tickets at 1900£ like arsenal can , which inturn is a fair point

However i think redeveloping anfield only serves temporary needs , as in 10 years time , chelsea , city , tottenham will have 60k+ stadiums with them and will be very profitable with it and we won't be able to build a new stadium if we redevelop anfield now , thats the point

A new stadium would mean long-term investment. I think we can now see that FSG aren't in it for that.

thats the point , redevelopement is temeporary as we cant develop anfield past 60000

However m FSG have got us some good deals (warriors and standard chartered) over the year , so i have faith in them

suarez7 said:
The Future's Blue said:
A new stadium would mean long-term investment. I think we can now see that FSG aren't in it for that.

thats the point , redevelopement is only temporary , as we cant develop anfield past 60k

new stadium will generate good money in long term , especially if we can redevelop them in future

Can't trust these yanks you know, they are all just in it for the cash. No football history, they don't care. Just a franchise to them. Dark days ahead for you and the Rags. At least you won a trophy last season.

suarez7 said:
thats the point , redevelopement is temeporary as we cant develop anfield past 60000

However m FSG have got us some good deals (warriors and standard chartered) over the year , so i have faith in them

Yeah good deal that Warrior one
What was the losing bid again?

mike channon´s windmill said:
suarez7 said:

do like the Warrior kit's. That's because I'm into Lacrosse

suarez7 said:

lol, Adidas give them the boot for poor performances on the pitch – including their failure to qualify for European football.

CityCTID said:
suarez7 said:

lol, Adidas give them the boot for poor performances on the pitch – including their failure to qualify for European football.

And who won at the end ? 12.5m was the final offer from adidas , we doubled it with 25m with warriors , i dont think anyone gives a shit abt the name

suarez7 said:
CityCTID said:

And who won at the end ? 12.5m was the final offer from adidas , we doubled it with 25m with warriors , i dont think anyone gives a shit abt the name

but john henry got very pissy and bitter in public about city's deal with etihad which is a) totally above board and b) none of his fucking business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.