Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Lets be honest, fairness only really comes into the equation for many football supporters when it affects us. SOME Liverpool fas didn't give a fuck about how unfair it was for the rest of football when they had an advantage. Now they have what thy perceive to be a disadvantage it's all so unfair and they hate modern football.

In fairness, a moveable sense of morality is true of most football supporters.

I've fixed that for you...

Scouse_Jimi said:
Lets be honest, fairness only really comes into the equation for many football supporters when it affects us. MOST Liverpool fas didn't give a fuck about how unfair it was for the rest of football when they had an advantage. Now they have what thy perceive to be a disadvantage it's all so unfair and they hate modern football.

Fixed again.

Scouse_Jimi said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
shows you the consequences of having to catch up in 3 years before the status quo try and shut you out to be anti-competitive and divide the wealth between them.

So you understand what we're up against! You're seeing the light, we've done a great job getting back into the top 4 without spending £500m in 6 years
Hmmm. I think we all know that Liverpool's points are very very reliant on the outstanding quality of two players: Suarez and Sturridge. Both bought, and great signings, but signings nevertheless

Scouse_Jimi said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
shows you the consequences of having to catch up in 3 years before the status quo try and shut you out to be anti-competitive and divide the wealth between them.

So you understand what we're up against! You're seeing the light, we've done a great job getting back into the top 4 without spending £500m in 6 years

but you've still spent a fortune, if you'd invested properly you wouldn't have been out of the Top 4 and would have won a hat full of trophies, and you have still spent a shed load of money from which you'd have ended up with a far bigger net spend than us if you take into account transfer fee inflation.

Yeah, well done on getting back into the Top 4 for one season, and kudos if you win the league, but let's be honest you're only salvaging some pride from the wreckage that has been a pitiful return in the last 20 years, which has only been remotely forgiven because of one great but fortunate CL run, let's face it you should have been sharing the spoils with the Rags and for the best part of 20 years you've failed and they've humiliated you, and If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be wondering about the longevity of your owners and why you still don't have a new stadium and still aren't up where you should be commercially, one title isn't going to change that, because you guys clearly have no concept of just how demanding European football is anymore.

Scouse_Jimi said:
Lets be honest, fairness only really comes into the equation for many football supporters when it affects us. MOST Liverpool fas didn't give a fuck about how unfair it was for the rest of football when they had an advantage. Now they have what thy perceive to be a disadvantage it's all so unfair and they hate modern football.

Fixed again.

haha, imagine if back in 2002 Kevin Keegan had managed to lead city into the top echelons of the league against the financial might of Manure, Arsenal, Liverpool & Blackburn. You'd have seen it firstly as a fucking miracle and secondly - a triumph against those that had spent far more to achieve similar things.

Every LFC fan would fucking love an oil baron to take us and turn us into world beaters, if they say they don't they're lying...we don't, we're doing it the slightly longer way...I'd be lying if I didn't say there'll be a bit more satisfaction when we win our first silverware under Rodgers as a result but...in the end the result is the same - so who cares?

Scouse_Jimi said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Fixed again.

haha, imagine if back in 2002 Kevin Keegan had managed to lead city into the top echelons of the league against the financial might of Manure, Arsenal, Liverpool & Blackburn. You'd have seen it firstly as a fucking miracle and secondly - a triumph against those that had spent far more to achieve similar things.

Every LFC fan would fucking love an oil baron to take us and turn us into world beaters, if they say they don't they're lying...we don't, we're doing it the slightly longer way...I'd be lying if I didn't say there'll be a bit more satisfaction when we win our first silverware under Rodgers as a result but...in the end the result is the same - so who cares?
I fully understand the current mindset and disposition of Liverpool fans and I certainly make no criticism of it. Anyone who cannot appreciate and accept why your fans are so animated at the moment has serious empathy issues imo.

Scouse_Jimi said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Fixed again.

It's in no way the same.

Secondly, there will be no more or less satisfaction because you only have to go to each of our trophy wins to realize that money spent means sod all to every fan when it comes to the players on the pitch winning the silverware in front of you, they are still the club and it means the absolute world, in fact we're probably more grateful as a result because it's given us moments that would have been denied us by the cartel closing the shop door and destroying the game and those opportunities, which they are pretty successfully doing to about 80 English League clubs.

Scouse_Jimi said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

See, the problem with Liverpool and its supporters is they can't see the wood for the trees. You have consistently been the top two or three spenders in the PL and so far you haven't won the thing once. You are the next club behind City and Chelsea in the spending league and yet you have next to nothing to show for it. Like someone else said you are not Fulham or WBA, you are Liverpool, a club that has spent hundreds of millions from an already great position (i.e. we might have spent £500m but that was to go from a Stuart Pearce borefest that nearly took us down to champions within a few years). A club that probably has the current best striker in the world so all this bollocks I'm hearing from Scousers romanticising about how they're doing it against the evil of money just doesn't wash.

And all whilst conveniently forgetting that their own glory years, that 15 year period in their over 100 year of existence, came about whilst backed incredibly well by the Moores family.

Honestly the shite that comes from these hypocrites at Liverpool, Arsenal and United as well as a few others makes my blood boil. You all have rich, foreign owners with no history or loyalty to your clubs that have spent hundreds of millions buying and investing in your clubs but because we are owned by 'Arabs' and we spend a little more 'oil money' than you then it is somehow different.

God I hope we smash these fuckers next week.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
but you've still spent a fortune, if you'd invested properly you wouldn't have been out of the Top 4 and would have won a hat full of trophies, and you have still spent a shed load of money from which you'd have ended up with a far bigger net spend than us if you take into account transfer fee inflation.

Yeah, well done on getting back into the Top 4 for one season, and kudos if you win the league, but let's be honest you're only salvaging some pride from the wreckage that has been a pitiful return in the last 20 years, which has only been remotely forgiven because of one great but fortunate CL run, let's face it you should have been sharing the spoils with the Rags and for the best part of 20 years you've failed and they've humiliated you, and If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be wondering about the longevity of your owners and why you still don't have a new stadium and still aren't up where you should be commercially, one title isn't going to change that, because you guys clearly have no concept of just how demanding European football is anymore.

That is mostly factual...One question, if European football is so demanding - then why is it the same 4 teams that end up in it every year? Why is it the same teams that reach the last 16...That European belittling of our season so far is wearing a little thin...

As for the Stadium - having witnessed the "atmosphere" at the likes of the Emirates I'm quite pleased we're not building a new stadium. The refurb of anfield is perfect for us, up to 60k with another 20k agreed if we want it, fits in with the steady build approach and a very similar path the owners took with their baseball team.

I hope they don't want to sell as we've witnessed first hand what a lottery the owner merri-go-round is...some absolute tools out there...

jay_mcfc said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

See, the problem with Liverpool and its supporters is they can't see the wood for the trees. You have consistently been the top two or three spenders in the PL and so far you haven't won the thing once. You are the next club behind City and Chelsea in the spending league and yet you have next to nothing to show for it. Like someone else said you are not Fulham or WBA, you are Liverpool, a club that has spent hundreds of millions from an already great position (i.e. we might have spent £500m but that was to go from a Stuart Pearce borefest that nearly took us down to champions within a few years). A club that probably has the current best striker in the world so all this bollocks I'm hearing from Scousers romanticising about how they're doing it against the evil of money just doesn't wash.

And all whilst conveniently forgetting that their own glory years, that 15 year period in their over 100 year of existence, came about whilst backed incredibly well by the Moores family.

Honestly the shite that comes from these hypocrites at Liverpool, Arsenal and United as well as a few others makes my blood boil. You all have rich, foreign owners with no history or loyalty to your clubs that have spent hundreds of millions buying and investing in your clubs but because we are owned by 'Arabs' and we spend 'oil money' who spend a little more then it is somehow different.

God I hope we smash these fuckers next week.

Afickinmen, La.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.