Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
That is mostly factual...One question, if European football is so demanding - then why is it the same 4 teams that end up in it every year? Why is it the same teams that reach the last 16...That European belittling of our season so far is wearing a little thin...

Because usually the title contenders are all in the same boat. I think we've played 15 games more than you at this point, if you don't think that has made a big difference then good luck to you.

Scouse_Jimi said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
but you've still spent a fortune, if you'd invested properly you wouldn't have been out of the Top 4 and would have won a hat full of trophies, and you have still spent a shed load of money from which you'd have ended up with a far bigger net spend than us if you take into account transfer fee inflation.

Yeah, well done on getting back into the Top 4 for one season, and kudos if you win the league, but let's be honest you're only salvaging some pride from the wreckage that has been a pitiful return in the last 20 years, which has only been remotely forgiven because of one great but fortunate CL run, let's face it you should have been sharing the spoils with the Rags and for the best part of 20 years you've failed and they've humiliated you, and If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be wondering about the longevity of your owners and why you still don't have a new stadium and still aren't up where you should be commercially, one title isn't going to change that, because you guys clearly have no concept of just how demanding European football is anymore.

That is mostly factual...One question, if European football is so demanding - then why is it the same 4 teams that end up in it every year? Why is it the same teams that reach the last 16...That European belittling of our season so far is wearing a little thin...

As for the Stadium - having witnessed the "atmosphere" at the likes of the Emirates I'm quite pleased we're not building a new stadium. The refurb of anfield is perfect for us, up to 60k with another 20k agreed if we want it, fits in with the steady build approach and a very similar path the owners took with their baseball team.

I hope they don't want to sell as we've witnessed first hand what a lottery the owner merri-go-round is...some absolute tools out there...

because that half dozen have done it every year for the past 10 years pretty much and have the finances and the coefficient to cruise through.

The reality is we aren't in that position and it's been of detriment to us in the past few seasons, and you guys not playing twice a week, with the top quality first team you actually have means it's much less a burden on you. I can't really speak for the other clubs but you can clearly see a fair few of them are either focusing on other strategies (ie. profit making at Arsenal) and United sold themselves short term glory at a cost of massive rebuilding once it went tits up.

You've benefited immensely from that, and whilst you've had injuries, it hasn't been to the extent where you've missed Suarez and Sturridge for a period of games, and to be fair to you Rodgers has got a lot more out of the likes of Henderson and he's given Flanagan another chance (I thought he did well first time around and didn't really see why he was dropped), and for once you've actually done a series of good transfer deals.

I would point you also to the fact that the Top 4 isn't the same every season, and that the Europa League qualifiers show perfectly the demands of European football on normal clubs. Regarding tools, it's alright when you can essentially force your owners out despite them owning the damn thing and thus narrowly escaping all the penalties and punishments that would have meant you would be nowhere near a title challenge. That whole setup itself was worth its weight in gold, or bucket loads of oil as that's your guys obsession.

If we don't win it I don't give a shit who does. Good luck to Liverpool and good luck to anyone who thinks their own club is somehow more meritorious than the next. It's the way it goes and I'll bet there's not another Liverpool fan who doesn't think the same as Scouse Jimi. It's moderately irritating that the ex-Liverpool and United players now in the media propagate all the bullshit that we see repeated here but no amount of arguing is ever going to convince the fans of [insert name of any competing club here] that they are not, somehow, more deserving.

I'll be man enough to congratulate anyone who beats us to the title and wish them all the best.

Scouse_Jimi said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
shows you the consequences of having to catch up in 3 years before the status quo try and shut you out to be anti-competitive and divide the wealth between them.

So you understand what we're up against! You're seeing the light, we've done a great job getting back into the top 4 without spending £500m in 6 years
Ye but by the same token we've spent that money and look what we've achieved, you've effectively wasted yours, I expect us to remain in the top 4 after spending that money you've not achieved that. Let's see how well you do next season with CL games and expectations of winning everything, because you are going to have to spend a lot more on your squad than we will.

Scouse_Jimi said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
shows you the consequences of having to catch up in 3 years before the status quo try and shut you out to be anti-competitive and divide the wealth between them.

So you understand what we're up against! You're seeing the light, we've done a great job getting back into the top 4 without spending £500m in 6 years

To be fair we've done a tad better than just get back into the top 4 once for our spending.

moomba said:
To be fair we've done a tad better than just get back into the top 4 once for our spending.

Indeed you have, anyway...talking about net spend, money & all that shite is pretty fruitless.

I'm looking forward to a week on Sunday for the return leg of the most competitive of matches against you lot. We'll be in trouble if Gerrard gets a yellow at West Ham this weekend, 2 game ban.

Personally hoping we go for our attacking line up with both Sterling & Coutinho...

But first...West Ham, which I'm concerned about - fucking fat sam tactics and our ex £35m man with a point to prove, not going to be pretty.

Wretched Vengeance said:
Robbie Keane - 19,000,000

Raul Meireles - 11,500,000

Andrea Dossena - 7,000,000

Christian Poulson - 4,500,000
Loan fee for Nuri Sahin
That forward from Belgium
Joe Cole.

Scouse_Jimi said:
moomba said:

Indeed you have, anyway...talking about net spend, money & all that shite is pretty fruitless.

I'm looking forward to a week on Sunday for the return leg of the most competitive of matches against you lot. We'll be in trouble if Gerrard gets a yellow at West Ham this weekend, 2 game ban.

Personally hoping we go for our attacking line up with both Sterling & Coutinho...

But first...West Ham, which I'm concerned about - fucking fat sam tactics and our ex £35m man with a point to prove, not going to be pretty.

Never is with Fat Sam involved. oh and his team ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.