Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Liverpool Way" – what way is that then?
Funny how these muppets – like our deluded neighbours from Trafford - conveniently forget facts and become all misty eyed over their 'istree!
Quick reminder... the Liverpool way was started when the Moore family invested heavily in the club, as an example the transfer of Ian St. John was the second highest transfer fee paid in 1961, behind Law to the rags, and broke Liverpool's previouos transfer record by more than double – not a bad stat you may think, until you realise that Liverpool were in the Second Division at the time!
Hang on, huge transfers with sugar daddies money started off their successful run... Yep that's the Liverpool way!!!
Shankly's autobiography banned from their own club shop for alleging they signed players in the 60's (again with sugar daddy money) just so other teams couldn't have them... Yep that's the Liverpool way!!!
Getting English teams banned from Europe... Yep that's the Liverpool way!!!
Sneakily buying property in the streets around Anfield and allowing them to fall into disrepair, thus bringing property prices down allowing for cheaper purchase of further houses... so they can expand the ground... Yep that's the Liverpool way!!!

Finally, on a side note – Ray Houghton on Talkshite a while back said, and I quote: "It's no secret why Liverpool and United were the best sides in England for so long – they paid the best wages."
Well let's face it, they could afford it but all because a 'sugar daddy' made it possible... so come on soft lads, next time you bang on about 'istree learn the fucking thing first eh?

worsleyweb said:
LFC-Fans said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
When Liverpool say they've done it tbr right way, will they remember signing Henderson, Allen, Adam, Downing and Carroll for 100 Million+

We've recouped some of that money with sales. + Our wages aren't the highest in the league with a total of £233million.

You're welcome. ;D

Get back to rawk you scouse prick
Cut that out.

LFC-Fans said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
When Liverpool say they've done it tbr right way, will they remember signing Henderson, Allen, Adam, Downing and Carroll for 100 Million+

We've recouped some of that money with sales. + Our wages aren't the highest in the league with a total of £233million.

You're welcome. ;D

More sly digs on OUR forum, are you a voyeur?.

Why come on here all the time?, I wouldn't dream of signing on I mean signing up for RAWK, as I'm guessing it must be shit for you and your fellow shell suit advocates being on here so much!.

You're not welcome..... You're a smug prick.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Danamy said:
It's crossed my mind, however I spend too much time on here as it is without devoting any more time defending City on there.

The other reason is I wouldn't have equality of arms with 'their' posters on another fans forum. It would annoy me to have the Sword of Damocles of a ban hanging over me just because I have a certain way of expressing myself, which would doubtless wind some if the natives up, regardless of what you say. It's a shame really because I have a lot of time for genuine Liverpool fans and got some texts from a couple of Liverpool fans while I was at the game today, especially when Nasri scored and Yaya got booked ;-) Proper Liverpool fans are great for the banter, but the denizens of RAWK don't share that quality, in the main.

I'd rather stay where I'm truly appreciated ;-)

........and not forgetting that Ric has you under contract
Haha! We were joking about that in City Square after the game! We agreed a six year deal, Wee Davey style. Has he been talking about me in the Mod Room again? ;-)

Not in a good way I can assure you

Ducado said:
Danamy said:
........and not forgetting that Ric has you under contract
Haha! We were joking about that in City Square after the game! We agreed a six year deal, Wee Davey style. Has he been talking about me in the Mod Room again? ;-)

Not in a good way I can assure you
At least I know I've got you there to back me up.

Damocles said:
Yeah, young lads like Nastasic. Never got a chance did they? Stupid career ruining City.

And that Marcos Lopes lad. Never played a game for us.

Nor did young Jovetic who has never played for City.

It's diabolical how City ruin the careers of players who aren't good enough to play for City. On a completely unrelated note, how is Jonjo Shelvey, Danny Wilson, Sebastian Coates, Fabio Borini, Andy Carroll and Jordan Ibe getting on for you you delusional scouse wanker? Fuck off.

Blimey, that one really grabbed you didn't it. You do like to straw man arguments...you know exactly what I was saying: That is that there's more likely a young player will get a go at Liverpool as we have a smaller squad, young players can move there in the knowledge that if they're good enough - they'll play in front of some £XXXm player. The manager has shown that both last year with Sterling and this year with Teixiera & Smith getting league game time and Rossiter, Ibe & a number of others on the bench.

I get the impression that Richards wants to leave due to a lack of opportunity in the Summer - whether that's down to injury that he hasn't played, I don't know...but it says a lot when the guy would rather leave and play than take a big contract for doing fuck all.

Serious question: What's the homegrown quotas look like for city next season? If Richards, Rodwell and Boyota leave (as rumoured) does that screw you over or not?

M18CTID said:
BigOscar said:
They've not just been "fannying about", they've been busy systematically destroying their local neighbourhood and trying to force people out of their homes, unlike our chairman who has been the saviour of our neck of the woods. "Doing things the right way" my arse

I'm well aware of that mate. I meant fannying around in that the situation remains unresolved which means they've missed out on a shit load of extra revenue over the past couple of decades. Oh well, their loss.

It could all have been sorted if they and the Sockrobbers had agreed to share a brand new stadium. From what I remember it would have been a prime location right on the waterfront. Both sets of supporters and boards of directors far too small minded.

It works well enough in Milan and Rome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.