Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
Dogs abuse? Ha ha, man up la.

You've acted like a twat so you've been treated like a twat. Consider it a lesson learned if you decide to visit other clubs forums.
Told him that on Friday
He needs to look in the mirror before critisicing others

squirtyflower said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
squirtyflower said:
If you are not keen on our modding perhaps you should leave for a site that you are happy with?
Does that apply to me too?
It applies to everyone, no favouritism here!
*logs off Bluemoon, logs on to ManCityFans.net*

*gets very bored and lonely*

*logs off ManCityFans.net, logs back on to Bluemoon and hopes no-one noticed*

Rico1304 said:
Oh, and we do need a strong ref team next week, a couple of dives this weekend already...

It's strange, it's something we've not really seen since Studge left.

PSmyth07 said:
Rico1304 said:
Oh, and we do need a strong ref team next week, a couple of dives this weekend already...

In the interests of honesty, AJ was known to leave his leg out looking for contact.

PSmyth07 said:
Rico1304 said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPZXZyZ_glc[/youtube]

Rico1304 said:

It's strange, it's something we've not really seen since Studge left.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:44 am --<br /><br />
aguero93:20 said:
PSmyth07 said:
Rico1304 said:

In the interests of honesty, AJ was known to leave his leg out looking for contact.

I know, I was trying to be dynamic :)

Richards has his fair share of comical dives.

Scouse_Jimi said:
ArdwickBlue said:
My first post in response to your shite was on the Suarez thread about us being deluded for suggesting signing Sterling. You know what you said about young English players joining us and committing career suicide, the Aguero comment was just you trying to be funny and failing.

I can't be arsed with you any more la, I was pointing out how you changed the minute Liverpool started doing well.

Sterling moving to city is delusional nonesense...my point, based on the fact that your young players such as Richards, Boyota etc are leaving.

As for me changing, not really - I might have become bolder in my posts but that's because I'd like to think I've not got a WUM tag now I've got a bit of reputation? Reasonable isn't it? Had I come on here and posted that within my first few posts I'd likely have been banned and it's not something I want...despite the constant istree candle waving shite I quite like posting here...

Anyway football?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26908090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26908090</a>

Ready to play the best team you've played this season so far? Expectations? Will you get 3 points?
The two best English teams we have played this season have been Liverpool and Chelsea so the league table does not lie. Chelsea played us when we had injuries and the game just seemed to go their way with Ivanovic of all people scoring a great goal and the pattern of the game was set as Chelsea counter-attacking. That's their game

Anything can happen in a one-off game. It will be very intense. City's style might suit Liverpool, as we will attack you. I think Liverpool's weakness is in breaking teams down who defend deep and who get men behind the ball. That is simple to do and stops SaS. I don't know why more teams don't do it against you.

This game is being built into a title-decider, but I think there will be a lot of twists if the past is any guide

WIth regards to your comments about City's youth players. Your comments are what I read in the press all the time, but players like Richards, and Rodwell have lost their way because of injury. Whenever they play, they get injured.

Why would City have some kind of in-built bias against young players? It's irrational. It's one area of the club where City have invested massively, but that hasn't been recognised outside of Manchester. In future years, I think City will be known for their academy. They've probably spent more money on it than anyone else, a line with which you will be familiar

Scouse_Jimi said:
Damocles said:
Yeah, young lads like Nastasic. Never got a chance did they? Stupid career ruining City.

And that Marcos Lopes lad. Never played a game for us.

Nor did young Jovetic who has never played for City.

It's diabolical how City ruin the careers of players who aren't good enough to play for City. On a completely unrelated note, how is Jonjo Shelvey, Danny Wilson, Sebastian Coates, Fabio Borini, Andy Carroll and Jordan Ibe getting on for you you delusional scouse wanker? Fuck off.

Blimey, that one really grabbed you didn't it. You do like to straw man arguments...you know exactly what I was saying: That is that there's more likely a young player will get a go at Liverpool as we have a smaller squad, young players can move there in the knowledge that if they're good enough - they'll play in front of some £XXXm player. The manager has shown that both last year with Sterling and this year with Teixiera & Smith getting league game time and Rossiter, Ibe & a number of others on the bench.

I get the impression that Richards wants to leave due to a lack of opportunity in the Summer - whether that's down to injury that he hasn't played, I don't know...but it says a lot when the guy would rather leave and play than take a big contract for doing fuck all.

Serious question: What's the homegrown quotas look like for city next season? If Richards, Rodwell and Boyota leave (as rumoured) does that screw you over or not?

how many instances can you give of younger players playing in front of £xxxm players? unless of course you wasted money on these £xxxm players?

i see younger players playing at liverpool because the squad isn't big enough or good enough

you've struck lucky this year, either that or it's been strategic brilliance by rodgers to fail to qualify for europe and get knocked out of all the cups so early - that squad wouldn't be top 4 playing in europe

so yours is an inequitable arguement, the 2 teams have been contending with different pressures - we are not comparing like with like

come back when you are trying to win competitions on multiple fronts and we'll see how many younger players start ahead of £xxxm players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.