Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
Matty said:
If Suarez FC win the league it'll be the first time since World Cup 86 where one man has single-handedly carried a side to triumph. Liverpool are absolutely nothing without Suarez, it's also helped that they've played on average 15 games less than City and Chelsea, and that their threadbare squad hasn't really had to deal with that many injuries. If they do go on and win the league we will never hear the end of it, how they "won the league without spending a fortune" which obviously ignores the fortune they have spent during the Premier League era, but when has that stopped their fans......

Absolutely nothing without Suarez, yet without him we won 4 out of 5 games. He's a world class player, look what happens when you take Aguero out of your lot...There's relatively few actual world class strikers, take a world class striker out of any team and they'd struggle.

Take some sugar...reduce the bitterness

In case you failed to notice we HAVE taken Aguero out of our side, for the best part of 2 and a half months all together. Silva for a month, Fernandinho for a month, Kompany for a month. We've 4 players with 20 or more goals this season. How many of your goals has Suarez scored, or assisted? I'd suggest it's in the realms of 50%. 1 player involved directly in half your sides goals, speaks volumes. Give you an additional 15 games this season and I wonder how often you could get Suarez playing.

There's nothing bitter about what I've said, it's essentially fact. Without Aguero City aren't as strong, but we're still one of if not the best side in the division. Remove Suarez from Liverpool's squad, and they'd not have a hope in hell of winning the title. We've played 49 games so far this season (which is already 6 more than Liverpool will play in total), Aguero has been involved in just 28 of those. That means he's missed 43% of our season, 43% of Liverpool's entire season would be between 18 and 19 games missed, not 5. Lets see how Liverpool cope without Suarez for 18 games. I stand by my statement that they'd be nowhere without him.

Oh yeah, and you're wrong. You didn't win 4 of 5 without Suarez. You won 4 of 6, the 4 wins were Stoke (h), Villa (a), United (h), and Notts County (h). You also drew with Swansea (a) and lost to Southampton (h). So, basically, Liverpool's only home defeat this season came in a game Suarez missed...........

Pigeonho said:
manimanc said:
Hey........ jay-mcfc.....
Leave our pige alone........
All in all he's just the same as us all.......
No, no mate, fairs fair. We are all here to air our own views and I can take the criticism on the chin(s).
I know I know mate, just had a bit of pink floyd on and it took me back to us singing leave our sven alone at anfield......
You're right what you say though, too many posters have to put their handbags down and grow a pair......

IH8MUFC said:
Matty said:
If Suarez FC win the league it'll be the first time since World Cup 86 where one man has single-handedly carried a side to triumph. Liverpool are absolutely nothing without Suarez, it's also helped that they've played on average 15 games less than City and Chelsea, and that their threadbare squad hasn't really had to deal with that many injuries. If they do go on and win the league we will never hear the end of it, how they "won the league without spending a fortune" which obviously ignores the fortune they have spent during the Premier League era, but when has that stopped their fans......
You don't know much about football.
And you're a fucking moron.

manimanc said:
Pigeonho said:
manimanc said:
Hey........ jay-mcfc.....
Leave our pige alone........
All in all he's just the same as us all.......
No, no mate, fairs fair. We are all here to air our own views and I can take the criticism on the chin(s).
I know I know mate, just had a bit of pink floyd on and it took me back to us singing leave our sven alone at anfield......
You're right what you say though, too many posters have to put their handbags down and grow a pair......
Ha, I knew it would be about Pink Floyd. Had the tune in my head as soon as I read your post!

Pigeonho said:
He (Suarez) was banned for 7 games, yet they still find themselves top. Hardly the sign of a club that are 'absolutely nothing without Suarez'.

1 - He was banned for 6 games, not 7.

2 - 1 of those games was a League Cup match against Notts County, so not relevant to the discussion.

3 - Liverpool have only lost 1 home match all season, guess who was missing that day?

Pigeonho said:
You seem to be completely dismissing what Sturridge has done, too

Not at all, he's been great. Remind me who his striker partner is, and who has been putting a great deal of his goals on a plate for him?

Pigeonho said:
....and the turnaround in Henderson's form.

Henderson is a half decent midfielder, he's nothing special though and has been playing fairly well. The fact, even in his current form, he'd only be a bench option for us speaks volumes about his actual ablity levels though.

Pigeonho said:
Infact there is so much arrogance in this post that it fits in rather well with many-a-post in the pages leading up to it.

So, in short, the content of my post fits with the opinions of many people about Liverpool.

Pigeonho said:
You then go on about how they've played 15 games less than us, so our finish last season, i.e. CL, is to blame for them topping the table?

Err, to a degree yes. Anyone who doesn't understand that playing 15 games less than your rivals during the season is anything other than a huge benefit to you is either ditheringly stupid or willfully ignorant.

Pigeonho said:
Another sign of the change in some of our fans' attitude. The irony is that those like myself who don't get all upset about united, and for that reason are seen as less of a city fan and more of a 'rag', are watching more and more of our fans become exactly like united fans have become - all because of one PL title.

So anyone who doesn't jump out and defend United at every possible opportunity, like you do, is now becoming like the rags fans? And anyone who doesn't hold your views on teams like Liverpool and can actually see the superior quality in our squad, and the limitations in others squads, is becoming like the rags fans? That's some deluded bollocks you've managed to come up with there.

Matty said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Matty said:

Absolutely nothing without Suarez, yet without him we won 4 out of 5 games. He's a world class player, look what happens when you take Aguero out of your lot...There's relatively few actual world class strikers, take a world class striker out of any team and they'd struggle.

In case you failed to notice we HAVE taken Aguero out of our side, for the best part of 2 and a half months all together. Silva for a month, Fernandinho for a month, Kompany for a month. We've 4 players with 20 or more goals this season. How many of your goals has Suarez scored, or assisted? I'd suggest it's in the realms of 50%. 1 player involved directly in half your sides goals, speaks volumes. Give you an additional 15 games this season and I wonder how often you could get Suarez playing.

Well yes, you're better than us so of course Suarez out will hurt us more than you missing Aguero. This is turning into a dick waving contest now, but I think basically Jimi's point was that it's not fair to say 1. "we're a one man team" or 2. "we haven't had any injuries" (!!!!!). They're both demonstrably false--and again we were starting from way behind you and from much more reduced expectations. And it's not about money spent, but about the relative quality of our teams going into this season.

Look: IT's in both our hands, but you lot are big favorites--you're better than us anyway and only two years ago had the tightest of run-ins that you won, meanwhile we can hardly believe our luck and want to see how far this can go. That's it. I don't know why this has become so offensive to you.

superseiyan said:
Matty said:
Scouse_Jimi said:

Well yes, you're better than us so of course Suarez out will hurt us more than you missing Aguero. This is turning into a dick waving contest now, but I think basically Jimi's point was that it's not fair to say 1. "we're a one man team" or 2. "we haven't had any injuries" (!!!!!). They're both demonstrably false--and again we were starting from way behind you and from much more reduced expectations. And it's not about money spent, but about the relative quality of our teams going into this season.

Look: IT's in both our hands, but you lot are big favorites--you're better than us anyway and only two years ago had the tightest of run-ins that you won, meanwhile we can hardly believe our luck and want to see how far this can go. That's it. I don't know why this has become so offensive to you.
I may, in hindsight, agree on the injury front but I still maintain that you are very much a 1 man team. That's not to say that there aren't other players in the squad with a degree of quality to them (just like I'm sure the Argentina squad in 1986 had some other players with ability) but that without your talisman you'd be nowhere near the title. That's clearly not demonstrably false, as it hasn't been demonstrated, you haven't had to play for any real period with out him (aside for 5 league games, and a cup game, early in the season, during which you dropped 5 points).

Matty said:
Pigeonho said:
He (Suarez) was banned for 7 games, yet they still find themselves top. Hardly the sign of a club that are 'absolutely nothing without Suarez'.

1 - He was banned for 6 games, not 7.

2 - 1 of those games was a League Cup match against Notts County, so not relevant to the discussion.

3 - Liverpool have only lost 1 home match all season, guess who was missing that day?
1. Pedantic.
2. Ok, so 6 games of the league season missed then - still a fair chunk.
3. Not sure what point you are making there.

Pigeonho said:
You seem to be completely dismissing what Sturridge has done, too

Not at all, he's been great. Remind me who his striker partner is, and who has been putting a great deal of his goals on a plate for him?

Doesn't matter who his strike partner is, the lad himself has been great, whereas you seem to be insisting Liverpool are 'nothing' without Suarez.

Pigeonho said:
....and the turnaround in Henderson's form.

Henderson is a half decent midfielder, he's nothing special though and has been playing fairly well. The fact, even in his current form, he'd only be a bench option for us speaks volumes about his actual ablity levels though.

See above.

Pigeonho said:
Infact there is so much arrogance in this post that it fits in rather well with many-a-post in the pages leading up to it.

So, in short, the content of my post fits with the opinions of many people about Liverpool.

No, no it doesn't.

Pigeonho said:
You then go on about how they've played 15 games less than us, so our finish last season, i.e. CL, is to blame for them topping the table?

Err, to a degree yes. Anyone who doesn't understand that playing 15 games less than your rivals during the season is anything other than a huge benefit to you is either ditheringly stupid or willfully ignorant.

But you are suggesting that is the only reason they have done so well, oh, and of course because they are a one-man team.

Pigeonho said:
Another sign of the change in some of our fans' attitude. The irony is that those like myself who don't get all upset about united, and for that reason are seen as less of a city fan and more of a 'rag', are watching more and more of our fans become exactly like united fans have become - all because of one PL title.

So anyone who doesn't jump out and defend United at every possible opportunity, like you do, is now becoming like the rags fans? And anyone who doesn't hold your views on teams like Liverpool and can actually see the superior quality in our squad, and the limitations in others squads, is becoming like the rags fans? That's some deluded bollocks you've managed to come up with there.

It is you coming up with bollocks, because put quite simply I don't 'defend United at every possible opportunity'. What I do is not be all bitter and twisted about them like most, then of course get labeled a rag and the irony there is that some on here are becoming actual 'rags' themselves in various ways.

Matty, I agree they are heavily reliant on the individual brilliance of Suarez, they have been for the last 3 seasons.

However I'd argue that Henderson, Sturridge, Skrytel, Gerrard and Johnson have been massive for them. Sterling and Coutinho also being important players.

They have one truly world class player and he's lifted that team. Suarez and Rodgers have been the important factor in the revival of Liverpool. One thing I will say is that Suarez will suffer when he plays for another team, he will never get the same service or stature with the team. At Liverpool he is their new main man, when he goes to a real Madrid or Barca, he will have to play around other top players, some better than he is. Real makes most sense for him when he does leave, alternatively he could move to Bayern and he'd be perfect for what they need.

Sky Blue said:
ElanJo said:
The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards wanting Chelsea to win it if we don't.

I'd rather put up with Jose gloating than thousands of scousers and all the scouse pundits.

Also, winning the title will propel Liverpool as a club further than it would Chelsea.

Same as matey....they are becoming unbearable.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.