Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commemorative game like the 50th anniversary Munich game at the swamp which we won impeccably

Liverpool going really well and are to be congratulated on a great season. But so are we and City will go into this game with no fear and everything to play for. Sounds to me like Liverpool are the ones who may be a little over confident for this game and the run in.....

Balti said:
Commemorative game like the 50th anniversary Munich game at the swamp which we won impeccably

Liverpool going really well and are to be congratulated on a great season. But so are we and City will go into this game with no fear and everything to play for. Sounds to me like Liverpool are the ones who may be a little over confident for this game and the run in.....
It's easy to understand why. They find themselves top of the league at the beginning of April, with a team on form and scoring plenty. We of course know the twists, turns and pitfalls that the final games can bring, but it would take the most pessimistic of fans to not get excited in their position. I am equally as excited about our position, for the exact same reasons as above. Some aren't, for whatever reason.

On 3 different threads now i've seen people crying about the so called Liverpool wank-fest. Do people not remember the coverage we were getting when we were doing what Liverpool are currently doing? It was everywhere, and rightly so. I've even seen paranoia rear it's ugly head about the coverage they will get if they win the league. It's as though when one club disappears off the radar, (United), people automatically have to find something else to complain about.

Liverpool fans everywhere this morning, loads come out of the woodwork all like this.

Elf.gif

Pigeonho said:
On 3 different threads now i've seen people crying about the so called Liverpool wank-fest. Do people not remember the coverage we were getting when we were doing what Liverpool are currently doing? It was everywhere, and rightly so. I've even seen paranoia rear it's ugly head about the coverage they will get if they win the league. It's as though when one club disappears off the radar, (United), people automatically have to find something else to complain about.

Ironing

r.soleofsalford said:
Pigeonho said:

Ironing
?

I like Liverpool this year, I do. I like the football they're playing, I like a few of their players however I'm afraid I can't stand their fans singing "We're gonna' win the league". I don't care if they say they should be allowed to get a little bit excited, bollocks. At what point during the 2011/2012 season did we chant that song en masse? At periods during the campaign we were a lot closer to that title than Liverpool currently are this year (it's still in our bloody hands ffs). One sniff of the title and their arrogance comes flooding back, and I'm not a fan of that. Only a few weeks ago I said I wanted them to win it if we can't put our hands on it, now I'm not too sure. One thing I know, I can't wait to be in that away end and by God do I hope we play them off the park and piss on their parade.

In fact, I will love it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8[/youtube]

Pigeonho said:
Balti said:

It's easy to understand why. They find themselves top of the league at the beginning of April, with a team on form and scoring plenty. We of course know the twists, turns and pitfalls that the final games can bring, but it would take the most pessimistic of fans to not get excited in their position. I am equally as excited about our position, for the exact same reasons as above. Some aren't, for whatever reason.

I think deep down most City fans are still unable to shake that nagging doubt from within! We have successfully won the league and cups in recent years but we still seem to try at least to throw it all away! If you looked at our remaining fixtures at the start of the season you would say "okay two tough away trips to Anfield and Goodison, but the rest are winnable". Ignore context, ignore time of the season, that is how you have to look at these games. Our players are proven fighters, proven winners and have the battling spirit. You have to take heart in the fact we have 5 home games that we can win. Win those and avoid defeat at Anfield and we will win the league. Twists and turns to come. Form is everything at the moment but Liverpool have two pressure games at home and away games against teams that will defend for their lives. I see us all slipping up in actual fact. Only Gerrard has been there before and it only takes one bad day in front of goal and they can suddenly feel pressure!<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:05 am --<br /><br />
Blue Smarties said:
I like Liverpool this year, I do. I like the football they're playing, I like a few of their players however I'm afraid I can't stand their fans singing "We're gonna' win the league". I don't care if they say they should be allowed to get a little bit excited, bollocks. At what point during the 2011/2012 season did we chant that song en masse? At periods during the campaign we were a lot closer to that title than Liverpool currently are this year (it's still in our bloody hands ffs). One sniff of the title and their arrogance comes flooding back, and I'm not a fan of that. Only a few weeks ago I said I wanted them to win it if we can't put our hands on it, now I'm not too sure. One thing I know, I can't wait to be in that away end and by God do I hope we play them off the park and piss on their parade.

In fact, I will love it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXpUdBlRZe8[/youtube]

We'd be singing it if we weren't such a bunch of pessimists because of years of cocking things up!!! Would anyone take a title in March like Bayern next season? Get to the top, stay there and win it early?! As good as that is, winning it in a competitive battle whilst bad for the ticker, is so much more exciting! Liverpool have been fearless and fantastic, but now they have the pressure and the media all over them. Let's see how confident and arrogant they are in the coming weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.