Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City1974 said:
After we dropped 2 points against Arsenal I think Liverpool are favourites to win the League

Chelsea do have the easiest run in but Liverpool v Chelsea, and City at Anfield, favours Liverpool. If the games were reversed i.e, at Chelsea's ground and at the Etihad respectively Chelsea would be favourites for the league with their easier run-in (and yes Jose Chelsea are still in this title chase).

We still have the away fixture at Everton and a tricky home fixture this weekend v Southampton.

Just one thing that has become annoying is this general Liverpool love in that the media has.

We have played good football ourselves this season but the media seems to think it would be fantastic if Liverpool won the League because its been so long since they did (and of course no other team has ever waited along time to win a trophy), they have scored so many wonderful goals (our goals of course few and far between and scrambled lucky tap ins with no football played whatsoever), and they have such great support, and their support is so loyal and loud (because of course no other team has loyal supporters that are ever capable of producing a rousing atmosphere at all. Ourselves, the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle etc and dare I say even Man Utd of course they never have such support ! )

Oh and of course according to the media, it would be a total failure if City did not win the league !

Sorry, cannot agree to your first point. No such thing as an easy run in, ask Maureen. Points will be gained and dropped in the most unlikeliest of places. Still in our hands, but will go to the wire

smudgedj said:
jrb said:
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but it seems the Scousers are getting giddy at the possibility of winning the title.

They formed a guard of honour with flags and flares, as well as chanting, "we're gonna win the league", before the Sunderland game.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfOCSpB5g4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfOCSpB5g4</a>

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDVj-5_RcM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDVj-5_RcM</a>

Gosh!

-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 pm --

LPoolFan said:
Liverpool fan here in peace.

This is the first time I've registered on an opponents forum but I find it bit concerning that things are getting sour recently, it's fair to say there's never really been much animosity between City and Liverpool fans.

What I find annoying from both sides is people nit picking comments from both boards and labelling it 'this is what they're like', and others just throwing fuel on the fire and building up hatred and vile.

It's a sign of the times I suppose, the rise of social media and all that bollocks means it's a bit too easy to take a look at your opponents. But people need to be realistic, we've all got bias that lends itself to our respective clubs so views are often exaggerated. And of course, we've all got absolute whoppers that spout shite - it's the cousin you don't want to invite to the family party but at the end of the day he's family.

All this being said what has baffled me is the reaction by many here to some of things our fans have done or said in recent months. We've been singing 'we're gonna win the league' for most of this season, what I don't get here is why it's being interpreted as expectation or arrogance? I tell you this, none of us are under the delusion that we're going to win this - but fuck me we have a good chance of doing so and we want the players to feel the same.

Why is this being attacked? We're showing support for the club and a bit of belief, why should we keep quiet and not dream of achieving what at the start of the season was unthinkable.

The criticisms of the organised event yesterday where we met the team with flags and banners is just as confusing to me, it's all in the same vein. Giving the team our support and showing we believe they can go on and do this. Anfield hasn't always been the loudest in recent years it was nice to see something akin to a Champions League night. It's not expectation or arrogance, it's support. Just as many of you turned up and supported City through the lower leagues.

Just confused the hell out of me that!

Anyway, if we don't win the league I hope you guys to. Anything but Chelsea or United (ha!)

Sorry pal but singing 'we're going to win the league la' comes across as being a bunch of arrogant knobbers

Bit like the zabs song tbh... we sing"and when we win the league we'll sing this song again"..but we havent won the league yet we still sing it..

gordondaviesmoustache said:
You can never generalise about supporters of a particular club too much and that's especially true of Liverpool fans.

They have some of the fairest, most knowledgeable supporters around, as well as some of the biggest dickheads imo.

RAWK is not properly representative of their match going fan base, but ably demonstrates the type of fan they've picked up along the way. People who try to mask their own social inadequacies by attaching themselves to a footballing brand which they believe has spiritual qualities.

The notion that someone who has never been to Anfield can use the term "plastic" to desribe anything to do with Manchester City is beyond parody. The way those posters actively seek approval from match going fans is all too transparent and especially sad. That is the main thing reason that RAWK has a greater proportion of truly comical output than any other Forum.

People desperate to fit in and belong, and they'll say anything, no matter how cringe-inducing, in an attempt to achieve that aim.

Yep, that's how I see them. Some decent and fair fans but an element who are the united of the 1980s. They attached themselves for the glory, and have become half-interested armchair fans since the glory deserted them. And their ground has as many glory hunters from around the world as united. I was once In their end for the game we lost 3-2 under joe Royle, and the bloke next to me was foreign, had a scarf with about 200 badges on and took a few minutes of talking before he realised that they were playing Manchester City rather than United.

They're not all divvies, but they have a high proportion. Second only to united I'd say.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ekpp3cou6f5eicbvv56mi65e85&topic=312377.2640

says it all....they are ready for the open top bus , parade and what not...talk about the contrast their and here !! but i know the reason for that...its CITY !!

speaking from city's perspective....really hope next yr we have a proper showdown with kun v suarez with all of kuns injuries this year

i know suarez missed the 5 games....kun has missed more...and we have definitely coped up well as others have discussed ...we know without suarez liverpool would be mid table....

samharris said:
smudgedj said:
jrb said:
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but it seems the Scousers are getting giddy at the possibility of winning the title.

They formed a guard of honour with flags and flares, as well as chanting, "we're gonna win the league", before the Sunderland game.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfOCSpB5g4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfOCSpB5g4</a>

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDVj-5_RcM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZDVj-5_RcM</a>

Gosh!

LPoolFan said:

This is the first time I've registered on an opponents forum but I find it bit concerning that things are getting sour recently, it's fair to say there's never really been much animosity between City and Liverpool fans.

What I find annoying from both sides is people nit picking comments from both boards and labelling it 'this is what they're like', and others just throwing fuel on the fire and building up hatred and vile.

It's a sign of the times I suppose, the rise of social media and all that bollocks means it's a bit too easy to take a look at your opponents. But people need to be realistic, we've all got bias that lends itself to our respective clubs so views are often exaggerated. And of course, we've all got absolute whoppers that spout shite - it's the cousin you don't want to invite to the family party but at the end of the day he's family.

All this being said what has baffled me is the reaction by many here to some of things our fans have done or said in recent months. We've been singing 'we're gonna win the league' for most of this season, what I don't get here is why it's being interpreted as expectation or arrogance? I tell you this, none of us are under the delusion that we're going to win this - but fuck me we have a good chance of doing so and we want the players to feel the same.

Why is this being attacked? We're showing support for the club and a bit of belief, why should we keep quiet and not dream of achieving what at the start of the season was unthinkable.

The criticisms of the organised event yesterday where we met the team with flags and banners is just as confusing to me, it's all in the same vein. Giving the team our support and showing we believe they can go on and do this. Anfield hasn't always been the loudest in recent years it was nice to see something akin to a Champions League night. It's not expectation or arrogance, it's support. Just as many of you turned up and supported City through the lower leagues.

Anyway, if we don't win the league I hope you guys to. Anything but Chelsea or United (ha!)

Sorry pal but singing 'we're going to win the league la' comes across as being a bunch of arrogant knobbers

Bit like the zabs song tbh... we sing"and when we win the league we'll sing this song again"..but we havent won the league yet we still sing it..

2 completely different words.

razman said:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ekpp3cou6f5eicbvv56mi65e85&topic=312377.2640

says it all....they are ready for the open top bus , parade and what not...talk about the contrast their and here !! but i know the reason for that...its CITY !!

speaking from city's perspective....really hope next yr we have a proper showdown with kun v suarez with all of kuns injuries this year

i know suarez missed the 5 games....kun has missed more...and we have definitely coped up well as others have discussed ...we know without suarez liverpool would be mid table....
Kun is good, very very good but Suarez is just better. It hurts but you've got to be honest.

proudbear said:
Kun Aguero said:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=313054.0

There's their excuse when/if they fail.

Funny how Dzeko was bought for over 30 million

Edit: 35 million for Fernandinho?

Hahahahah what a joke. They really are some of the most deluded and self-righteous fans out there.

34M for Fernandinho?
32M for Dzeko?
1.5M for Hart?
30M FOR SILVA?

Hahahah so misinformed.

Sssshhhh you're ruining a good story.

Speaking of which, did anyone else just see that totally bizarre stat that SKY just shown about the sprints, with Sturridge and Suarez at the top? Utterly fucking ridiculous.

When it comes to Chelsea and City, they don't have that kind of passion anywhere in their club. From the top down it's a soulless theatre where people sit and expect to be spoon fed victory.

samharris said:
smudgedj said:
jrb said:

Gosh!

LPoolFan said:

Is English your second language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.