Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
razman said:
Armaan said:
razman said:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ekpp3cou6f5eicbvv56mi65e85&topic=312377.2640

says it all....they are ready for the open top bus , parade and what not...talk about the contrast their and here !! but i know the reason for that...its CITY !!

speaking from city's perspective....really hope next yr we have a proper showdown with kun v suarez with all of kuns injuries this year

i know suarez missed the 5 games....kun has missed more...and we have definitely coped up well as others have discussed ...we know without suarez liverpool would be mid table....
Kun is good, very very good but Suarez is just better. It hurts but you've got to be honest.

say what ?/ this is suarez's year....we will see next season !
Hope so

M18CTID said:
jay_mcfc said:
lloydie said:
You'll like this one then...

That's because no-one in the past 25 years has seen it in full voice (apart from those special european nights). Admittedly it will be fucking vociferous a week on Sunday and their fans will be incredible and every single one of our players and fans has to stand up to it. But all this romantic bullshit from the Scousers is not for me.

Since my first visit in 1991 I've seen us play 17 times at Anfield and on plenty of occasions the atmosphere has been nothing special. Granted some of those matches were run of the mill league games but on one particular occasion in 2003 they were playing for a Champions League place while there was little at stake for us except to try and break a 22 winless streak at Anfield. Now some clowns on RAWK have slated our atmosphere for our CL game at home to Barca the other week saying we should've been much louder for such an important game but they had an arguably more important game against us in 2003 and the atmosphere was shocking apart from when they went a goal up. Anelka levelled for us but far from roaring their team on in the dying minutes, there was barely a whimper from the Kop. So much so that they didn't even bother getting YNWA going a few minutes from the end which they always tend to do. Of course, Anelka then went on to score a last minute winner and their fans went scurrying for the exits rather than applaud them off the pitch in what was their last home game of the season and also giving them a send-off ahead of their shit or bust clash away at Chelsea the following week.
Haha! You've just reminded me. I was in the Liverpool end at that game in the wooden seats in the Main Stand and the two blokes behind me got really animated after the game at the players going round the pitch after the game calling it a "lap of dishonour".

That's the problem with Liverpool fans. They just expect to be spoon fed success.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
M18CTID said:
jay_mcfc said:
That's because no-one in the past 25 years has seen it in full voice (apart from those special european nights). Admittedly it will be fucking vociferous a week on Sunday and their fans will be incredible and every single one of our players and fans has to stand up to it. But all this romantic bullshit from the Scousers is not for me.

Since my first visit in 1991 I've seen us play 17 times at Anfield and on plenty of occasions the atmosphere has been nothing special. Granted some of those matches were run of the mill league games but on one particular occasion in 2003 they were playing for a Champions League place while there was little at stake for us except to try and break a 22 winless streak at Anfield. Now some clowns on RAWK have slated our atmosphere for our CL game at home to Barca the other week saying we should've been much louder for such an important game but they had an arguably more important game against us in 2003 and the atmosphere was shocking apart from when they went a goal up. Anelka levelled for us but far from roaring their team on in the dying minutes, there was barely a whimper from the Kop. So much so that they didn't even bother getting YNWA going a few minutes from the end which they always tend to do. Of course, Anelka then went on to score a last minute winner and their fans went scurrying for the exits rather than applaud them off the pitch in what was their last home game of the season and also giving them a send-off ahead of their shit or bust clash away at Chelsea the following week.
Haha! You've just reminded me. I was in the Liverpool end at that game in the wooden seats in the Main Stand and the two blokes behind me got really animated after the game at the players going round the pitch after the game calling it a "lap of dishonour".

That's the problem with Liverpool fans. They just expect to be spoon fed success.

I see what you did there GDM ;)

super_city_si said:
kiam06 said:
I don't know if this is one conspiracy too far but I'm still wondering how a Liverpool side that couldn't string two wins together last year are now fighting for the title?

Seems very strange that the very first year United fall from the top the medias other darling club appears up there and let's be honest the referees have been shall we say favourable to them at times.

Got no grudge against Liverpool good luck to them I just find it all very odd.
They've had good fortune with injuries, coupled with only having the league to worry about. They are making the most of the opportunity. Plus Suarez has gone to another level this season.

Good fortune with injuries? You kidding me?

We've had Johnson out for a number of games, Agger was injured, Enrique injured since November, Sakho has been injured, Sturridge missed 8 games through injury, Lucas has been injured, Allen has been injured. Hardly fucking luck mate! You say it like we've had no mid week games at all. Obviously we've had nowhere near as many as you but you're squad is bigger and better anyway so that is no excuse!

mc_red23 said:
super_city_si said:
kiam06 said:
I don't know if this is one conspiracy too far but I'm still wondering how a Liverpool side that couldn't string two wins together last year are now fighting for the title?

Seems very strange that the very first year United fall from the top the medias other darling club appears up there and let's be honest the referees have been shall we say favourable to them at times.

Got no grudge against Liverpool good luck to them I just find it all very odd.
They've had good fortune with injuries, coupled with only having the league to worry about. They are making the most of the opportunity. Plus Suarez has gone to another level this season.

Good fortune with injuries? You kidding me?

We've had Johnson out for a number of games, Agger was injured, Enrique injured since November, Sakho has been injured, Sturridge missed 8 games through injury, Lucas has been injured, Allen has been injured. Hardly fucking luck mate! You say it like we've had no mid week games at all. Obviously we've had nowhere near as many as you but you're squad is bigger and better anyway so that is no excuse!

He was fishing mate, in fact more fool anyone responding to the post!

mcmanus said:
The thing with celebrating before winning a trophy is that I if you do win it you've already drunk the champagne. However lose it and you look like dicks.

It's a bit like spending your lottery winnings before the draw has even been made

RAWK is hilarious, most of them convinced they've won it, some of them saying they're going to "smash" Europe next season, talk of the parade already etc.

If they don't win it from here the whole world will be laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.