Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

GornikDaze said:
sh249 said:
Goo said:
Maybe mate, I don't know. Think he sees himself as a bit of a 'young Mourinho'.

Think that's the crux. The only problem being that he doesn't have either the charisma or presence to pull this kind of thing off.

He has perfect teeth though...... ;)

Just like Robbie "Brain of Britain" Savage.

'Nuff said.

bluemc1 said:
superseiyan said:
bluemc1 said:
if Rodgers fucks it up he has really fucked it up as like he said ALL the pressure was on us and he was under NO pressure but still fucked it up,
He was able ( due to crashing out of both cups early ) to fully prepare for a whole week with the same players for most of the season, going up v 2 sides who were flying round Europe playing 3 games a week and hit with injuries,
he had to win THREE games 2 at home 1 v a team who were playing in a CL semi final 3 days later and missing their 2 best players this season but under NO pressure couldn't do it and now faces an uphill task to win the league
He has the best CF in the world upfront, the England Captian and 4 players who will probably start Englands 1st world cup game in his side ( only 1 of which HE bought )
He is in the CL next season and has once again made Liverpool the best side on Mersyside but enjoy that Brendan as if you don't win it this year with all the advantages you have had god help you next year

you want to twist things Rodgers ? lets have it matey

So we were supposed to win 14 games in a row or the season is a fuck up?

no no not in a row you could have beaten us at our place when you were under no pressure and we had huge pressure given all the money we have spent and missing Silva i think or beat Villa at home or some others.
i just think given your squad the money you have spent or even what its worth on paper and the fact that you have only had to play PL games all season to be in the position you are in now and not win it would be seen as fucking it up yes, do you think you will have as good a chance again anytime soon ?

You're saying this now, but if you are honest we were outsiders to finish fourth heading into the season. We started with the 6th/7th best team.

I don't think we'll have a good chance to win it next season no--that's you and Chelsea.

I think there is no more guarantee for third and fourth place over the next season or two. Any of ourselves, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and unfortunately but hopefully not, the Rags, could take the other two top four spots.

I think next season there'll be a good gap between no 2 and no 3.

superseiyan said:
bluemc1 said:
superseiyan said:

no no not in a row you could have beaten us at our place when you were under no pressure and we had huge pressure given all the money we have spent and missing Silva i think or beat Villa at home or some others.
i just think given your squad the money you have spent or even what its worth on paper and the fact that you have only had to play PL games all season to be in the position you are in now and not win it would be seen as fucking it up yes, do you think you will have as good a chance again anytime soon ?

You're saying this now, but if you are honest we were outsiders to finish fourth heading into the season. We started with the 6th/7th best team.

I don't think we'll have a good chance to win it next season no--that's you and Chelsea.

I think there is no more guarantee for third and fourth place over the next season or two. Any of ourselves, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and unfortunately but hopefully not, the Rags, could take the other two top four spots.

no if I'm honest going in i would never have said you could win it, but going out of both cups early and not having CL this season also from day one in the league you have been right up there ( don't know when you were out of the top 4 at anytime ) and given the people you were up against 1 had gone deep in 4 cups and 1 semi finals of CL while all you had was PL i think it was yours to fuck up and if you don't win it thats what you have done, maybe fuck up is strong but blown it/bottled it something like that

You lot are already bragging you've won the league even though that has yet to be decided yet you clown.

In response to a City fan on the Lets Do It The Hard Way Thread.

139688733205.gif

superseiyan said:
bluemc1 said:
superseiyan said:

The first bit of that is true, I dare say (going on the odds). But I don't agree that you started with the 6th or 7th best team - your form over the back end of last season was very good, and I expected you to be pushing hard for the top 4. Of course, finishing top or second would be an over-achievement based on expectations at the start of the season; but then there's been a lot of factors - some foreseeable, others less so - which have created something of a perfect storm for you (new managers for us and Chelsea (and the Rags), good fortune with injuries, fairly light schedule). With that in mind, and given the position you'd got yourselves into a couple of weeks ago, it has to be seen as a bit of a disappointment if you don't go on and win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.