Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Prestwich_Blue said:
lauralouise said:
I'm not saying he's not got a lot to learn. Rodgers himself said "it was the management of the football game that cost us tonight. The energy of the players was fine." I just think it's silly to insinuate that he's not a very good young manager when the same people will probably sing Pulis' praises. We go into the last game of the season with the (slim) chance of winning the title, if he's not a good manager then… I dunno.
He's a good coach, there's little doubt about that. But a good manager is a different beast altogether and he isn't that yet as tonight demonstrated.

Mancini built us from the back, made us solid then made us play football. Pellegrini settled for the 3 points at Selhurst Park as that was the priority. That was good management by both of them. Rodgers has done neither with you and showed crimianl naivety tonight.

He should do less talking and more thinking. Less worrying about his pretty puerile mind-games and more about real football games. He should have shut up shop, taken the points and put the pressure back on us. If we get the 3 points against Villa and you wanted to try to catch us on GD, then do it on Sunday when you're at home against a pretty demotivated team and have nothing to lose.

Okay, okay. I know what you're saying. Do you think he never reaches that level though? Both Pellegrini and Mancini have a few more years of experience under their belts than Rodgers does at the moment. He's grown so much during his time at Liverpool and learnt from many mistakes - he's not been stubborn and he's accepted when things need to be shaken up and simply haven't worked. The mistake he made tonight I have no doubt he will learn from.

I actually don't really think he plays mind games, I think he just says the things Liverpool fans want to hear. Obviously that's not to everybody's tastes but compare his 'mind games' to Mourinho's and they're not even a thing. I'm just glad the media have began to slowly take their heads out of Mourinho's bum.

I dunno. I just don't think the future is as bleak under Rodgers as some make out.

lauralouise said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
lauralouise said:
I'm not saying he's not got a lot to learn. Rodgers himself said "it was the management of the football game that cost us tonight. The energy of the players was fine." I just think it's silly to insinuate that he's not a very good young manager when the same people will probably sing Pulis' praises. We go into the last game of the season with the (slim) chance of winning the title, if he's not a good manager then… I dunno.
He's a good coach, there's little doubt about that. But a good manager is a different beast altogether and he isn't that yet as tonight demonstrated.

Mancini built us from the back, made us solid then made us play football. Pellegrini settled for the 3 points at Selhurst Park as that was the priority. That was good management by both of them. Rodgers has done neither with you and showed crimianl naivety tonight.

He should do less talking and more thinking. Less worrying about his pretty puerile mind-games and more about real football games. He should have shut up shop, taken the points and put the pressure back on us. If we get the 3 points against Villa and you wanted to try to catch us on GD, then do it on Sunday when you're at home against a pretty demotivated team and have nothing to lose.

Okay, okay. I know what you're saying. Do you think he never reaches that level though? Both Pellegrini and Mancini have a few more years of experience under their belts than Rodgers does at the moment. He's grown so much during his time at Liverpool and learnt from many mistakes - he's not been stubborn and he's accepted when things need to be shaken up and simply haven't worked. The mistake he made tonight I have no doubt he will learn from.

I actually don't really think he plays mind games, I think he just says the things Liverpool fans want to hear. Obviously that's not to everybody's tastes but compare his 'mind games' to Mourinho's and they're not even a thing. I'm just glad the media have began to slowly take their heads out of Mourinho's bum.

I dunno. I just don't think the future is as bleak under Rodgers as some make out.

No he's a **** for the following....

Thinking he is Shankley-which he is not
For even mentioning winning it for the 96-Idiot
For talking about our money all the time-Because your lot never spent money did they..Dalglsih spunked 100 mill not long ago
For trying to play mind games which he is not very good at

Need I go on...He is a ****-fact

MSP said:
Suarez definitely wasn't fine, he was crocked last 15-20 minutes.
Think the point there is that even if Suarez drops off in the last 15-20 minutes of a game it shouldn't matter too much, not when you're 3-0 up anyway.

lauralouise said:
MSP said:
Think the point there is that even if Suarez drops off in the last 15-20 minutes of a game it shouldn't matter too much, not when you're 3-0 up anyway.

Fear not the racist cannibal will be off to Madrid shortly.

It's 2.15am and I can't sleep, it's just dawned on me were probably going to win the league on Sunday.

mcmanus said:
lauralouise said:
MSP said:

Fair do for showing up. Are you female as well?

My name does usually give it away.

lauralouise said:
mcmanus said:
lauralouise said:

Fair do for showing up. Are you female as well?

My name does usually give it away.

mcmanus strayed offside and got hit by the sucker punch ;-)

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
lauralouise said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

No he's a **** for the following....

Thinking he is Shankley-which he is not
For even mentioning winning it for the 96-Idiot
For talking about our money all the time-Because your lot never spent money did they..Dalglsih spunked 100 mill not long ago
For trying to play mind games which he is not very good at

Need I go on...He is a ****-fact

But if you were to go on you could add: telling the toothless inbred candlewanker fans/cultists to "unleash" themselves against us as well. With all sorts of despicable behaviour resulting from this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.