Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super David Silva 21 said:
Heard about this last week.

Sticking it to the Press officer allegedly and now shes preggers, not her hubbys i don't think either.

Just all speculation though.

So that's what he was meaning by "creating an identity"

Scouse_Jimi said:
more lazy than useless said:
Why do the knitting circle get to talk about the interesting stuff?

<a class="postlink" href="http://goo.gl/MCWmBr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goo.gl/MCWmBr</a> <---Welcome home

That's funny! (but very weird).

I did wonder just how the hell you came across that but the penny dropped. Your gf/wife posted that didn't she? Go on, admit it.
If she's on that site it explains how you know how interesting the knitting circle is.

The weirdness of that ties in with something I came across earlier, apparently Anfield has bats in the belfry. And they're an endangered species so it could hold up the re-development plans.

P.S. Why don't you just wipe it on the curtains like everybody else?

more lazy than useless said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Once again we only play half a game and walk away with 3 points...Sterner tests to come considering we've not played a decent side yet (Manure don't count)

3-4-1-2 is working out well for us...

If we can manage to actually play a full 90 minutes....we'll be lethal!

As that renowned pundit Alan Hanson is so well liked on Bluemoon I have no qualms about quoting him.

I was watching MotD (or was it MotD2/3, Footie focus etc?) and he was asked if the 3 at the back was a good idea. His answer was an unequivocal no. One point he made was that it had been done many times before, including with himself during his Liverpool days, and it never lasted. He suggested that the main reason for this was that although having 3 at the back gives an extra player up front, it also means extra defensive workload for the midfield.

Football has been around long enough for just about everything to be tried and the best compromises reached (because everything is a compromise), so if 3 at the back was better (usually) than 4 I think we would have seen it more often over the years.
That said, Maybe Rogers sees that he has quality upfront, graft in midfield, and limitations at the back? maybe that is one reason he thinks its a good compromise for Liverpool (for now at least).

I don't see how that is true, given that Liverpool will want to play with a partnership of Suarez and Sturridge up front, that means the choice is 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. The latter should make the job of the midfield easier. And Liverpool don't really have the players for a 4-4-2 either because it would mean Coutinho playing on the left when his strongest position is behind the striker(s).

In ny opinion modern football seems to be all about midfield dominance and for this reason it is why most teams now play 3 in midfield and the ever famous 4-4-2 is dead, those teams who still play two in midfield usually utilize the now common 4-2-3-1 but still sacrifice a main striker in order to have that roaming number ten behind the center forward to ensure possession is still achievable when needed.

If there was any game that recently defined 4-4-2 being dead it was us verus Bayern, we only managed to get some possession when we added Silva and Milner to help Yaya and Fernandinho out.

For Rodgers to have his deadly duo of Suarez and Sturridge playing together he has to make sure he has 3 in midfield to accomodate how teams like to dominate midfields nowadays, so the formation he has to go for is a 3-4-1-2 or a variation of such formation, this would leave them with with a midfield of Gerrard, Lucas and Coutinho, but like another poster has said they have had to make a compromise, in this case an extra defender and a heavier work load for their wingbacks.

Another Suarez dive for Uruguay

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHSv9Ak649o[/youtube]

Marvin said:
Another Suarez dive for Uruguay

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHSv9Ak649o[/youtube]

If the wind blew slightly too hard in his direction he went down clutching his ankle in that match. Truly embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.